Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

Article about: I have, what I hope to be an authentic pommel for a Luftwaffe dagger. I have no need for it so was going to post it in the 'classifieds' section. I have looked at a number of similar pieces

Default Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

I have, what I hope to be an authentic pommel for a Luftwaffe dagger.

I have no need for it so was going to post it in the 'classifieds' section. I have looked at a number of similar pieces and am fairly confident it is real however, I was hoping someone might confirm it is real before I do so.

Thanks

Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel
    P
    Many

Hi Jamie the Pommel appears to be an Eickhorn type with the fatter Swastika legs. Also deemed as the Heart shaped Pommel.

It also appears the Swaz is gilt...is this correct?...as the flash has washed out that thought.

Other Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just about to say that Larry, but you beat me to it

It's original and it looks like there's a fair amount of gilt on it, as you say Larry - the flash has washed it out, but it looks a nice clean and tidy example - package on way

Thanks chaps, I did try to show the gilt but obviously didn't do a very good job. Here are two better images showing each side.

Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

Luftwaffe Dagger Pommel

Larry is right, nice Eickhorn pommel. Eickhorn used three types of pommels, two made in house by his own employers and one generic. Your pommel is more common type, which we see on most Eickhorn daggers.

Peter