Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Luftwaffe daggers collection

Article about: Hello Larry, this sword was find in trash, but by homeless person, not direct me. I always like to look at trash and junkyard - and I find a lot of interesting and believe me - valuable thin

Always a pleasure to view your latest additions Peter many thanks for posting, regards ,Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe daggers collection
    P
    Many

Hello to all,

thank you very much for your comments! It is nice to hear that you like my post and especially my new dagger. Soon I will post another very nice Luftwaffe dagger, for this time one late period piece with interesting producer

Again, many thanks for your reply!

Best regards

Peter

Hello to all fellow collectors,
    here I want to show you another addition into my Luftwaffe daggers collection. For this time it is very nice untouched late war produced dagger made by Carl Gustav Spitzer, Solingen. Pommel and crossguard are generic type made from aluminum. Pommel shows factory darkening and gilding on both swastikas are still very nice and clearly visible. Crossugard whow outstanding generic eagle, which is my favourite. It has still some factory finish and is in good condition, all details are sharp and visible. Grip is off-white example, probably with wood core, but I´m not sure, I don´t take dagger appart. Blade has some oil spots, but not corosion. It is unsharpened and still shiny. Blade is marked with 2nd. type of Spitzer mark. Scabard is produced by WKC and it still shows nice airplane grey finish. Dagger is complete with to the piece portepe and interesting hanger. Hanger is made of mixed parts on the top is DRK officer´s dagger clip, made from aluminum, buckles are also aluminum and lower clips are from zinc – very interesting anomaly.
    I hope you like the dagger and photos.

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

Hi Peter, Further to your PM's., I took a look at your details and see that you, like me, you also like Luftwaffe daggers and swords so went through this thread. I would like to compliment you on not only the quality and quantity of your collection, but also the standard of your photographs and descriptions. I have scanned through your thread and will take my time to read through all of yours and other posts on it. Please accept my congratulations on an excellent thread!!

Regards Michael Ryan.

Hi Michael,

thank you for your kind message. It is nice to hear, that you like my Luftwaffe daggers collection and photos of my daggers. I always try my best...

Best regards

Peter

In answer to your last sentence, And it shows!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers Michael

Hello,

dear collectors now I want to introduce you very nice late war produced piece with unmarked blade and made by unknown producer. If you look very closely to this dagger, you will see that it is very interesting piece. Pommel is similar to Horster, E. Pack, Weyersber and eve to Alcoso made pommels. Just look at the circle around the swastika – there are dots placed around it, we do see this hand work on others marked examples, but I don´t think we can connect this exact pommel with any of them. Grip is plaster filled example. It is in very nice condition, off – white colour is very atractive. Aroud the grip is very tiny brass twisted wire. Crossguard is the same think, like the pommel. It is very similar to E. Pack, Horster and Weyersberg pieces – but again different in hand work on its shoulders. Engravings on top of the crossguard shoulders are the best which we can see on Luftwaffe 2nd. model daggers! Blade is unmarked, shows some oils spots, but despite this, it is still very nice. Scabbard is generic.
    Dagger is with its original poretepe.
    I hope you like the dagger and photos. It is certainly unique dagger with nice aspects.

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe daggers collection   Luftwaffe daggers collection  

The oakleaf relief shows the changing times of production that some of the early examples would show a recessed area and raised oafleaves.

Excellent example Peter..thankyou for showing and probably the best Luftwaffe dagger thread that has compiled to date most of the producers in the most excellent photographic setting .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry,

thank you for your reply. You are right, pommel shows a lod of handwork, so that is why I decided to purchase this dagger. It is nice piece despite the unmarked blade and certainly it is not the most common late war dagger

Best regards

Peter

Hello to all, here is very honest mid-period 1st. model Luftwaffe officer dagger. We called it "mid-period" but this type of daggers were produce mostly in the end of the production. This is textbook piece with all aspects which are correct for this type of daggers. Please look at fittings, both pommel and crossguard are made from zinc and are nickel plated. Sunwheels swastikas are gilded, and only rest of gilding is visible, becasue zinc absorbet it. Grip is also simple with only one twisted wire. Blade is polished, not plated. Scabbard has iron fittings - magnetic and chain is from aluminum. Blade is unmarked - this type of daggers are very often unmarked, so it is nothing unussual.

I hope you like the dagger!

Peter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6