Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe dolch Eickhorn.

Article about: Hi Forum, I am not a Luftwaffe collector. But I just love the look of these daggers. The curved swastika. I am presented the following dagger for a decent price. However, it looks way too sh

?

Default Luftwaffe dolch Eickhorn.

Hi Forum,

I am not a Luftwaffe collector. But I just love the look of these daggers. The curved swastika.
    I am presented the following dagger for a decent price. However, it looks way too shiny and new.
    Somehow I always think if something looks too good to be true (this price) .......

Luftwaffe dolch Eickhorn.Luftwaffe dolch Eickhorn.Luftwaffe dolch Eickhorn.Luftwaffe dolch Eickhorn.

It looks like an Eickhorn Original. Can anyone tell me anything about this? Looking forward to hearing from you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dolch Eickhorn.
    P
    Many

Hmmm, the swastikas have no traces of yellowing. Did some 1st pattern Luftwaffe daggers not have this? Unfortunately I'm not an expert so I really don't know but I'm sure someone else can make an accurate assessment!

Later version 1st Model Luftwaffe daggers had pot metal fittings and not like the early types with a brass bass.
    All the gold gilt is gone and may have been over cleaned at some point..other than that I do not see any glaring issues with it.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Same opinion as Larry, it looks like it's most likely a late production dagger. Not "in hand" it also looks like the scabbard may be earlier. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thank you for the input gentleman. I got into contact with a dealer in Poland who sell a portion of his collection. This is one of them.

?

Quick update: With shame in my heart I have to say this was the infamous thief Pawel Nowak. He got me good.
    Really puts people off from this hobby to have to deal with thiefs, fraudsters and fake stuff. Absolutely horrid and upsetting.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Quick update: With shame in my heart I have to say this was the infamous thief Pawel Nowak. He got me good.
    Really puts people off from this hobby to have to deal with thiefs, fraudsters and fake stuff. Absolutely horrid and upsetting.
    Sorry to hear this and yes thieves are out there and end up becoming nothing for the little that they steal.
    Lesson learned and my advice is to stay within the parameters of reputable dealers and sellers that you know. Do not venture outside that circle...even though one of those sellers may be genuine..but if you dont know that person..sad to say..you must not purchase it.

For those reputable sellers and dealers ...always double check on your own with research before purchasing....sometimes people make mistakes and end up selling something that is not whole.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill