Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?

Article about: Hi All, I'm looking at this gravity knife and evaluating if its worth the buy: Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife - real? - Album on Imgur WWII German paratrooper gravity OTF w/ large marli

?

Default Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?

Hi All,

I'm looking at this gravity knife and evaluating if its worth the buy:

(see next post for pictures)

WWII German paratrooper gravity OTF w/ large marlin spike. Blade is marked “F&A Helbig - Steinbach KR. M.

seller is asking $500. He does not know if this is the series 1 scarce take down model or series 2 take down model. He doesn't even know if its authentic for that matter.

I had him take some close ups on the nickel spike to see if there was a serial number, but there's no markings at all as it seems in terms of a serial number.

It also looks pretty fresh for a WW2 era knife.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by p64imp; 06-21-2021 at 10:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?
    P
    Many

?

one of my biggest personal observations on it is that the proof marks, serial numbers, etc are devoid minus the maker mark on the blade. Could this indicate that it is a repro?

The seller tells me that his dad got it from a friend 40 years ago, that's the extent of what he knows about its origin...

Hi there.

Someone should be along soon to help authenticate your gravity knife.

I uploaded the pictures for you because outside image hosting isn’t allowed. Here’s a handy guide how to upload pictures for next time

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?   Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?  

Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?   Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?  

Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?   Is this Luftwaffe Paratrooper Gravity Knife authentic?  

Last edited by Willmore; 06-21-2021 at 11:50 PM.

?

Thank you very much for this!

My pleasure.

?

I received a few more pictures from the seller:

I asked him for some profile shots and any pics of any markings he could find. Looks like the number under the blade catch is laser inscribed?

?

Hoping somebody would be so kind as to review and let me know if this is authentic.

This is in live auction and may sell while i wait to confirm. Thank you so much!

It seems to be a good one in my opinion but I am curious to wait other opinions

?

Got my knife today. 100% certain this is the real deal right?

I'm looking at the hardware and its so flawless and shiny it looks like it just came off the assembly line - for a knife that rolled off the assembly line circa 1939-1940, its unreal:

German paratrooper gravity - Album on Imgur

The only problem i can tell is that the release leaver on the side seems to have a weak spring. when i invert it the blade comes out a little bit:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

though when i put thumb tension on it, the blade stays put. It does not have a problem when i extend the blade though - it stays in place. It just feels like the spring tension is very weak.

Is that typical? Is there any care i can do for it to correct it? I saw a take down video - looks like the only real access to repair such a thing is drastic which i obviously won't be doing for such a minor gripe.

Have a quick look at my images and let me know what you think? Thanks!!!

?

Hi, I am no expert in these knives,so can not advise if it is good or not but I have a very similar one with the same issue as yours ie problem with the spring. I know there are 2 types - one you can take down and one you can't without as you say, drastic action. Yours looks good to me, but I would wait for more expert advice.

MM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast