Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERG

Article about: Hello. Today I am showing a Luftwaffe sword that I want to buy. I think this is a good example. I'm worried about the hanger. The lower part of the hanger appears to have been recently added

?

Default Luftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERG

Hello. Today I am showing a Luftwaffe sword that I want to buy. I think this is a good example. I'm worried about the hanger. The lower part of the hanger appears to have been recently added to the scabbard of this sword. the threads with which it is sewn also look new. The metal part of this hanger has a different patina than the sword fittings. The other part of the hanger has an unusual shape. I haven't come across one like this so far, and no such hanger is shown in the reference books for this sword.
    I don't know how you get that purple patina on the fittings. I have seen this patina on many daggers of various models. I don't know if this is a natural patina or if it is obtained by some technology from the dealers.
    Please give your opinion!
    Thanks Georgi.Luftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERG

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERG
    P
    Many

That purple bluish patina seen on the upper scabbard fittings appears to be a recent weld ...which may explain the newness of the carrying rings attached to the hanger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry. Thanks for the quick opinion.
    Such patina is also visible on the lower scabbard fitting and the crossguard. Not as clear as the upper fitting.Luftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERGLuftwaffe sword P.WEYERSBERG

?

Most of the times when we see this "Oil" shades patina it had an egg treadment.
    To much egg and to much time exposed.
    On originals done mainly by the lack of patina because the previous owner was a polisher

Ger

?

Hi Gerrit.
    Thanks for the opinion. I had seen such a patina on various edged weapons and did not know how this effect was achieved. I had previously bid on this sword, but withdrew the bid. The price has gone up a lot and I think it makes no sense.
    What do you think of the hanger? I have not seen such an option, and it is not in the reference books that I have.
    Regards Georgi.

?

the belthanger is just a swordhanger, nothing special and for sure not luftwaffe related, just a generic hanger.
    The standard teardrop luftwaffe hangers are the ones that normally go with these swords.
    But in wartime a lot was used that wasnt standard, so have no problem with the hanger, it just doesnt add any value to the set other then 50 usd what a standard swords hanger value is.

Ger