Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe sword SMF

Article about: Hello. Today I received a Luftwaffe sword which looks very nice. After the research I did in the forum, I think it is correct. My only concern is the bird print above the logo. I didn't see

Hello Frogprince. I don't understand exactly what you mean by (plus). Is the government property sign called that or is the sign incompatible with a monogram.
    The sword has no established noble owner. I didn't buy the sword at a higher price because of the monogram. I have looked at the prices of such swords and the price is no higher than those without a monogram. Many German soldiers or officers of this period had "von" in their name, but I don't know if they were nobles. I have seen daggers and such swords with the most various markings that we will never be sure of when they were placed. We can't be 100% sure about this monogram either, but I think it's not rude and obtrusive and doesn't spoil the sword in general.
    Regards Aleks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe sword SMF
    P
    Many

Hello Ketten ..FrogPrince is establishing that in general that the possibility does exist with those unscrupulous people who mess with edged weapons to sell them at a higher price.
    These are the only photos that are present and due to the condition..I dont see anyone replicating a waffenamt marking above the logo when it is common for this producer to have one.

In regards to Monograms ...which on your sword is correct from what i can see ...but monograms are being reproduced at a high rate and has to be seen by those who now engraving and etching. Fred FrogPrince can attest to this as well as Anderson who also posted favorably.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by kettenkrad View Post
    Hello Frogprince. I don't understand exactly what you mean by (plus). Is the government property sign called that or is the sign incompatible with a monogram.
    The sword has no established noble owner. I didn't buy the sword at a higher price because of the monogram. I have looked at the prices of such swords and the price is no higher than those without a monogram. Many German soldiers or officers of this period had "von" in their name, but I don't know if they were nobles. I have seen daggers and such swords with the most various markings that we will never be sure of when they were placed. We can't be 100% sure about this monogram either, but I think it's not rude and obtrusive and doesn't spoil the sword in general.
    Regards Aleks.
    Aleks, Larry did a good job explaining what is sometimes seen with some (originally) government property dress blades (by dealers/others). Some TR period German armed forces purchased the non-combat private purchase type blades for senior grade NCO's and others. Whereas officers had a monetary allowance from the government specifically for the officers to purchase their uniforms etc. - versus enlisted men who did not have an allowance. The enlisted men having the uniforms etc. provided to them from the government. Sometimes in addition to the government acceptance marks you can see Luftwaffe rack/inventory markings on the hilts/scabbards. The Luftwaffe (as a matter observation) with many of these swords and daggers very often did not add any (rack/inventory etc.) additional markings. Best Regards, Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2