Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger Please

Article about: I have the opportunity to bid on this item but it does not look good to me with the poor quality pics. I can go over and inspect in person and take better pics if worth while. All opinions a

Default Opinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger Please

I have the opportunity to bid on this item but it does not look good to me with the poor quality pics. I can go over and inspect in person and take better pics if worth while. All opinions are appreciated.
    John

Opinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger Please
    P
    Many

Additional pics, poor lighting and poor photographer. This one has a change IMO but would like to hear what others have to say.
    John

Opinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger PleaseOpinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger Please

This dagger sold last night for $350 plus 15% plus sales tax.
    John

The dagger itself appears to be authentic...the Etch in the bad photos tries to give a good impression showing Emil Voos traits..on the one side and on the other side with the dedication the panel etch is very flat. A Standard Emil Voos etch will have the floral motif on both sides with just the Eagle on the obverse blade.
    The price tag on an authentic Voos example will fetch $6k

The poor quality photos and the flat dedication tells another story..which the dagger would be now worth $350 due to the altered blade etch.
    The dagger alone without the etch would of been worth about $650

IMO the hanger straps have been replaced to the upper connecting clip.

If and only if the etch is authentic ..I would say someone got a bargain price.
    It was good that you did not buy it even the added photos still wasnt enough.

More thoughts and comments welcome.

Authentic Emil Voos 2nd Model Luftwaffe

Opinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger Please Opinions on Etched Luftwaffe Dagger Please
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill