Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paul Weyersberg 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: Hi, I just purchased a Paul Weyersberg Luftwaffe Dagger and it has no waffen-Amt. The seller is a certified seller and very reputable. I have a certificate saying it was produced prior to 19

Default Paul Weyersberg 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Hi,

I just purchased a Paul Weyersberg Luftwaffe Dagger and it has no waffen-Amt. The seller is a certified seller and very reputable. I have a certificate saying it was produced prior to 1945. The seller said, there were many ways that the military inspected daggers and some came with stamps which at one point became the norm, but others did not. Also since the military stoped paying for dress daggers later in the war it could have been a personal purchase. Any comments?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Weyersberg 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

Hello Stockboy ...since you purchased the dagger it would be helpful if you could post photos to further examine details that should belong to Paul Weyesburg.

Also there were some 2nd Luftwaffe daggers that had waffen amt markings and some did not which varied by the producer.

Certificates of Authenticity are only worth the paper they are written on....but the details of the dagger will speak for itself and the COA.
    Post photos please and the community here can further help you.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Stockboy View Post
    Hi,

I just purchased a Paul Weyersberg Luftwaffe Dagger and it has no waffen-Amt. The seller is a certified seller and very reputable. I have a certificate saying it was produced prior to 1945. The seller said, there were many ways that the military inspected daggers and some came with stamps which at one point became the norm, but others did not. Also since the military stoped paying for dress daggers later in the war it could have been a personal purchase. Any comments?
    Your dealer is maybe 50% right. Unlike pistols etc. the Luftwaffe did not inspect swords and daggers unlike what the German Army did using what we (ie: collectors) call "Waffenamts". What the Luftwaffe did use what are normally called Acceptance markings for some combat items as well as dress blades. With the Acceptance marked dress blades intended for the senior grades of the Non-Commissioned Officers and any others that were entitled to wear them at government expense. The government models (invariably IMO) were made to the highest standards. The unmarked examples were private purchases that could be as well made or not - depending on the maker and time period. Well before the end of the war (1942) German blade makers had to forget the private market (for any new production) and instead concentrate on combat items for the Wehrmacht. And as the war situation for Germany worsened pistols became what was required to be worn. Best Regards, Fred

PS: As Larry said, without pictures what you have at this point cannot be evaluated any further.

I bought it from Lakesidetraders. Nathan Hogle says it’s original. I’ll post pics when I figure out how. He did say he’d take it back if I had doubts. He seems to have a good reputation.

Lakesidetrader has a very good reputation..but nothing wrong with double checking and is the reason why you brought your question and maybe some doubt on the details in this thread.

Regards Larry

How to post photos > Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

My advice would be to compare the logo with waffenamt marked blades by Weyersberg.
    Be course as far as i know the luft 2nd model by Weyersberg always bear the Waffenamt stickbird.

Ger