Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Please help determining authenticity before I purchase

Article about: Hello everyone, I active duty stationed in Germany and have a chance to two different Luftwaffe daggers from an antique dealer. The first is this one with an off mustard/orange handle for 55

?

Default Please help determining authenticity before I purchase

Hello everyone, I active duty stationed in Germany and have a chance to two different Luftwaffe daggers from an antique dealer. The first is this one with an off mustard/orange handle for 550 Euros, but can't figure out if it's real or a fake. If you could help me and provide feedback I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry for the busy background in the photos

Thanks in advance,

DJ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help determining authenticity before I purchase   Please help determining authenticity before I purchase  

Please help determining authenticity before I purchase   Please help determining authenticity before I purchase  

Please help determining authenticity before I purchase   Please help determining authenticity before I purchase  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help determining authenticity before I purchase
    P
    Many

DJ,

Are there any makers marks on the blade itself.. You may have to look under the cross guard and hangar knot cord that wraps around the blade.. With the Luftwaffe eagle being so big, it may sometimes obscure the maker mark (if any)..

The hangars look be fine and I don't really seeing any glaring red flags at this moment..

If possible see if you can get the seller to take some photos on a neutral background without all the color distractions...

Smitty

?

Smitty,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The cross guard and blade doesn't have any maker marks on it that I could see. The handle was loose, but the owner would not let me take it apart to inspect it further.

Apologies about the background in the photos. I didn't realize how distracting they were until now. I barely had time to take the photos in his shop because of the COVID restrictions.

I was a little concerned about the crossguard engraving. It looked more like etching and was not raised/recessed than what I've see in the photos on this site. Thoughts on it?

Part dagger from what I can see ..pommel and grip fit is poor
    Pommel is generic type used by WKC from what I can see which is normal for unmarked daggers..but scabbard appears to be Eickhorn.

I like to know why the grip eagles claws are filed down to nothing. The claws should be over the swastika as seen in the photo below of a No maker Luftwaffe crossguard ( WKC )
    Too many issues for me.

Regards Larry

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You really should have started a new thread for your second dagger, maybe Larry can separate your post to a new thread.
    It reduces any chance of confusion when members post comments.
    Ralph.

P.S. I like this one much more.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Post moved to its own thread Thanks Ralph

Unmarked 2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Ralph and Larry. I'm still trying to figure everything out here.

I appreciate your patience.

?

Not 1 for my collection, run Forest run!

Ger