Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post war Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: I was wondering if anyone has further information on this post war dagger other than what I’ve listed below? From what I’ve researched, these daggers were made between 1946-1947 as souve

Default Post war Luftwaffe dagger

I was wondering if anyone has further information on this post war dagger other than what I’ve listed below?

From what I’ve researched, these daggers were made between 1946-1947 as souvenirs (manufacturer by B&A). I’ve read that the daggers were made from leftover or spare parts from original daggers? Is this true? So basically, these parts are original and this is just a parts dagger? Were the blades original... maybe the original manufacturers logo removed and new logo applied? I noticed that the blade has cross graining and appears to be well made. I’m assuming the “1939”on the blade signifies the year WW2 began?

I purchased this last year for a few dollars... I knew it wasn’t original when I purchased it. I’ve seen these before and read about them. Apparently, there’s somewhat of a collectors value in these post war daggers?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Luftwaffe dagger   Post war Luftwaffe dagger  

Post war Luftwaffe dagger   Post war Luftwaffe dagger  

Last edited by 26Intrepid; 04-02-2020 at 01:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war Luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A good thread on these

B&A daggers " Bolte & Anschutz" Post War Producer

Edit: The "fake" Japanese Good Luck flags made by the USN SeaBee's now have a following, as well (on a limited scale) the WW2 German helmets turned into colanders post war. Maybe there is a limited following for these. To me a curiosity and a bit of lingering war time history. Neat to own for a few $$$ but probably never a collectors market.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I’ve read a lot of threads in regard to post war German daggers. A lot of people dismiss these daggers as “Junk” or “Not collectible”.

I usually search eBay and other platforms to see how the market is increasing/ decreasing on certain war relics. Interestingly enough, I was watching this post war dagger since it was posted 6 days ago. Needless to say, I’m shocked to see how much people were bidding on this particular dagger and what is sold for.

I’m not a expert on these AT ALL! Am I missing something? Seems like some post war items are as valuable as war time daggers?

I apologize if I violated any policy of posting a closed auction item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Luftwaffe dagger   Post war Luftwaffe dagger  

Post war Luftwaffe dagger   Post war Luftwaffe dagger  

Last edited by 26Intrepid; 05-29-2020 at 03:00 PM.

These Bolte and Anschutz daggers are collectable in their own right ...which shows a time of allied liberation and souvenir hunters looking to take a prize home.
    These daggers were mostly made up of other existing parts found in bombed out factories.
    The link that MAP Michael posted is a worth while read.

These type of daggers are the end history of the Third Reich

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry for the comment.

I bought mine about 2 years ago for 1/10th the price of this one. I’d sell today for $700! Grin

It would be nice to fine one of those leather scabbards to go with it. I seldom see these daggers with the correct scabbards (or any scabbard). Maybe that’s the reason for the high sold price.

And yes, that’s good info posted by MAP.

Thanks again,
    D