Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Really bad picture but any thoughts?

Article about: A guy posted this for sale - just from a glance can you tell me anything about it? He writes that his grandfather picked it up in the war - thanks for any help. I know it would be quite hard

?

Default Really bad picture but any thoughts?

A guy posted this for sale - just from a glance can you tell me anything about it? He writes that his grandfather picked it up in the war - thanks for any help. I know it would be quite hard to determine, but can you tell if it is authentic from such a shot - or at least give a guestimate?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Really bad picture but any thoughts?  Really bad picture but any thoughts? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Really bad picture but any thoughts?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Really bad picture but any thoughts?

No such thing as a guestimate ... That can cost you a lot of money. From the pictures its impossible to tell, they are just too bad.
    and that "thing" around the scabbard????? mmmmmm

However, what i would say, is buy the item, not the story.

Hi Reidii, I would say it looks very suspect. The "fat" looking grip is often a sign of a fake. But much better pics are needed. Never buy something if pics like this are the only ones on offer.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks guys - the guy seems like a jerk anyway... now when asked for more pics.

?

Better pictures on an the earlier post - what are your thoughts - authentic - Thanks!!!!

I hope so...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Really bad picture but any thoughts?   Really bad picture but any thoughts?  

Attached Images Attached Images Really bad picture but any thoughts?  Really bad picture but any thoughts? 

?

Quote by reidii View Post
    A guy posted this for sale - just from a glance can you tell me anything about it? He writes that his grandfather picked it up in the war - thanks for any help. I know it would be quite hard to determine, but can you tell if it is authentic from such a shot - or at least give a guestimate?

Thanks
    More pics now below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Really bad picture but any thoughts?   Really bad picture but any thoughts?  

Thumbs down Re: Really bad picture but any thoughts?

Hi Reidii

It would appear that the floor of the seller is very very dirty. The only thing that might be from WWII is the carpet...

Greetz

Nick VR

?

Very nice - maybe he's trying to sell this stuff to afford a vacuum cleaner then. I liked the cat too. I also thought that maybe the carpet had not been cleaned since World War 2.

Sorry, but you don't want this one for your collection.

First just look at the broken crossguard eagle? The edge of one wing is broken off as is a large peice from the back.

The grip wire is missing. Plus the blade looks to be in poor condition.

In addition, I am still not convinced about the originality of the whole thing.

Can I offer some general collecting advice? That is never buy broken items. They might appear cheap in some cases, but if you ever come to sell them the value will never be great and they are often very hard to sell on.

Cheers, Ade.

?

The guy was selling it for 125.00 US so that was why. I figured it might be a good deal if if it was authentic -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast