Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Verification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: I picked up in trade this Alcosa 2nd Model Luft. Blade and maker mark seem fine. Not so sure about the guards or pommel. Any assistance would be Most appreciated. Thanks in advance

Default Verification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

I picked up in trade this Alcosa 2nd Model Luft. Blade and maker mark seem fine. Not so sure about the guards or pommel. Any assistance would be Most appreciated.

Thanks in advance Verification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe DaggerVerification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe DaggerVerification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

Hello Mr Gibbs
    Could you provide a clearr photo of the top of the crossguard?
    I can not see enough definition in detail on the eagle itself...but Im already leaning the crossguard may not be Alcoso...a photo of the top of the guard showing the oakleaf relief will reveal who produced it.

The Pommel looks like Alcoso but the grip may not belong which IMO should have the springy aluminum wire and not the twisted type.

The Scabbard appears to be Eickhorn
    Seems like a mix of fittings on this dagger.
    Use no flash please when shooting the photos.

Happy New Year Regards
    Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The pictures are really bad but the good news is, the scabbard is in fact typical for Alcoso. As for the gripwire, Alcoso used the springy wire type on the early production pieces and the twisted type on the later produced pieces. Here is mine to compare yours with.

Regards
    Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger   Verification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger  

Verification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger   Verification of authenticity 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger  

?

Mr Gibbs, I was expecting some kind of response from you since both Larry and myself took the time to answer your questions. I would say that’s the norm here.

Regards
    Danny

I was pretty sure it was not authentic- disassembled the dagger - the guard was cast. Definitely not authentic.

Casting marks are obvious- one I received it easy to spot. I only paid $200. Got an authentic blade, scabbard and grip. Everything else was cast repro

?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    Mr Gibbs, I was expecting some kind of response from you since both Larry and myself took the time to answer your questions. I would say that’s the norm here.

Regards
    Danny
    Yes indeed!
    a "Thank You" would be in place.

Regards,
    Ger