Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

AFRIKA KORPS Ring

Article about: A delightful looking Afrika Korps ring marked with DAK 1941 and a central swastika on a palm tree, going for pretty cheap, how does it look? Appreciate all insight and advice in advance All

There are threads within this subforum..surely there has to be one that shows an authentic Afrika corps ring ?

Can someone dig into it further and show comparative photos?...words are not meaning anything in this thread...Please

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AFRIKA KORPS Ring
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    There are threads within this subforum..surely there has to be one that shows an authentic Afrika corps ring ?

Can someone dig into it further and show comparative photos?...words are not meaning anything in this thread...Please

Regards Larry
    Here are links to other DAK rings that were posted previously in this forum:

dak
    i would like to show a nice dak ring

And here are a couple from another forum:
    Fistful of DAKs - Your new forums
    Couple Nice DAK Rings - Your new forums

I also attached a photo of one of mine. As you see, the swastika on all of these has the correct rightward orientation of a Nazi swastika. Even though the pattern of the subject of this thread is arguably consistent with cheaply-made DAK rings from the period, the backward swastika kills this ring for me. I find it hard to believe that any self-respecting DAK soldier would buy or own a ring with a poorly-engraved, reversed swastika. It was the central emblem of the NSDAP.

AFRIKA KORPS Ring AFRIKA KORPS Ring
    AFRIKA KORPS Ring
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 04-11-2022 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Fixed links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2