Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone know this skull ring?

Article about: Hi guys, I have the chance to get this one for about 200€ I have never seen one like this, where the head seems "glued on" if you know what I mean. Anyone seen this one before?

Default Anyone know this skull ring?

Hi guys,

I have the chance to get this one for about 200€ I have never seen one like this, where the head seems "glued on" if you know what I mean. Anyone seen this one before?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone know this skull ring?
    P
    Many

That's a nice ring and I hope it's authentic Third Reich but, to be honest, I‘m not sure. I‘m unsure mainly because I have never seen this pattern as a two-piece. Of course, that doesn‘t necessarily mean it's a fake either.
    The skull is a known pattern. In fact, I have a similar skull ring that I wear all the time. However, this pattern of ring is usually die-pressed. I have only seen it as a one-piece ring. While there are of course several other patterns of two-piece skull rings, I have never seen this particular one as a two-piece ring so I‘m interested if others have.
    If it is a two-piece ring, the skull will either have been soldered or riveted to the shank. If it is glued, it is a fake. What is the silver mark? It's impossible to tell from the photo here. €200 seems like a good price for a genuine Third Reich ring; perhaps too good. I can‘t remember the last time I paid less than €400.
    Fingers crossed that one or two of our experts can confirm if it's genuine or not. Probably need better, more detailed photos

?

either way it is stunning!

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    That's a nice ring and I hope it's authentic Third Reich but, to be honest, I‘m not sure. I‘m unsure mainly because I have never seen this pattern as a two-piece. Of course, that doesn‘t necessarily mean it's a fake either.
    The skull is a known pattern. In fact, I have a similar skull ring that I wear all the time. However, this pattern of ring is usually die-pressed. I have only seen it as a one-piece ring. While there are of course several other patterns of two-piece skull rings, I have never seen this particular one as a two-piece ring so I‘m interested if others have.
    If it is a two-piece ring, the skull will either have been soldered or riveted to the shank. If it is glued, it is a fake. What is the silver mark? It's impossible to tell from the photo here. €200 seems like a good price for a genuine Third Reich ring; perhaps too good. I can‘t remember the last time I paid less than €400.
    Fingers crossed that one or two of our experts can confirm if it's genuine or not. Probably need better, more detailed photos
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really like it and I might go for it if it turns out to be a genuine one. I will keep you guys up to date. And yes, maybe some expert here might be able to tell.

I found this one here. Seems like the ring might actually be legit.

The teeth look good and the bands thin. Most repros have messed up teeth. Looks good to me but I'm not 100% sure.

?

Modern ring, I bet you found it on Ebay right? There's this guy that selling modern replicas. He can be found on german ebay.

Edit: Found the ebay add, that's a modern replica. Rule of thumb, when buying ww2 stuff on ebay 98% are fake / replica. Also, the germans continued their design in rings long after ww2. The ring you found could be from the german army, but not from the second world war. It's a modern ring with old pattern.

To be fair to the seller, he even mention it:

"Made of 900 silver, stamped from old stock, age 1918-1960."
    Last edited by Mahler; 02-21-2022 at 06:09 PM.