Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Carrin Hall 1936 Gold Ring

Article about: Hi, I have a hobby, collecting interesting things, and came across of this item, It is super heavy, with apparently bearing some sort of ornament or gem screwed to the front in the past, whi

?

Here we go. I missed that part, thanks!
    It is is absolutely in HG´s own size. Which is another green flag.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carrin Hall 1936 Gold Ring
    P
    Many

Does anyone know who could give me an
    expert's advice please

Hi Victoria..there are some positive and negative reports meaning some concerns and also some potential authentic.
    The issue here is that there were more Third Reich era rings produced / SS honor rings/ Kantina rings and etc to refer and study to.
    yet...in a different category is Herman Gorings Rings which there is not too much info on except what can be seen on a google search.
    and the google search images are very lacking.

I feel you have received the best advice possible through the ring images you posted ....and it seems there is a dead end or a temporary dead end until more info can surface on Gorings " many " rings that he wore.

I would say ...hang onto that ring ...you never know in time more info will come to light and also your thread will always remain open for further replies.
    You can always try other Militaria forums as well and hopeful that there just might be that one researcher who can authenticate it.
    The ring dimensions..the gold content and also the 2 side panels showing the coat of arms of both Goring and his wife is interesting.

You may want to ask the jeweler what kind of metal is on both the coat of arms ...as we know that Goring had top end material used for anything he had. Im curious of what that metal content is. I can not see it being anything less than what it appears to be in the photo of being just a dulled grey metal.

We are just trying to help you as best we can with what little we have in our resources here. Let us know the metal content on both the coat or arms as well.

The Duce Weihnachten inscription is another story for the history buffs knowing about the Italian dictator and his connection to Goring if any.

Best Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-26-2024 at 04:17 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

For me, there's too much empty space between CARIN and HALL. it ought to be CARINHALL. The engraving also isn't well done for such a gift.

The sticking point is the lack of any comprehensive inventory of Hermann Göring being in existence. Knowing the penchant of the TR to record/document things there would surely have been a record of every gift given/received. The issue is that much of this was lost at the wars end. If you can write up all you do know so far, where the ring was obtained from etc then a visit to a national war museum would be the next step (I'm not sure where you are located), but in the UK the Imperial war Museum would be my choice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4