Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Death Head ring

Article about: Good day, Hope all is well with everyone. I, like so many of the individuals on here, have a death head ring that I'm wondering if it is authentic or a replica. It was purchased with medals

?

Default Death Head ring

Good day,
    Hope all is well with everyone. I, like so many of the individuals on here, have a death head ring that I'm wondering if it is authentic or a replica. It was purchased with medals and a ring which once belonged to a U.S. soldier from WWII (the ring appears to have been cut off). I've attached photos and would appreciate any feedback anyone has available. I do understand that the majority of these rings are replicas but one can always hope. Thank you everyone for your time. Have a wonderful day. T.

Death Head ringDeath Head ringDeath Head ringDeath Head ringDeath Head ringDeath Head ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Death Head ring
    P
    Many

Looks like a very poor replica of an Honour Ring that has been horribly worn down (likely mechanically). The skull is wrong for an Honour Ring too. I wouldn’t have it in my collection, sorry. Welcome to the Forum.

Yep, it's a horrible fake!

?

Thank you for the information. I just saw in researching the piece that Himmler stopped the production of the ring in October 1944 which absolutely makes the ring a fake since, well you know, December comes after October. Cheers. Have a wonderful day.

Not just the late date, everything is wrong with this ring.

?

Okay, fair enough. I believe your point has been made. I'm sorry if I somehow angered or annoyed you with my question. I thought this was a forum for helping one another learn. I personally found the date information useful and a clear explanation as to why the ring is a replica. Just telling me I'm wrong, twice, isn't very informative just a bit snide.

I do not see any annoyed or angered members responding to your post. Four posts and you are already complaining, oh boy!

Quote by tegan View Post
    Okay, fair enough. I believe your point has been made. I'm sorry if I somehow angered or annoyed you with my question. I thought this was a forum for helping one another learn. I personally found the date information useful and a clear explanation as to why the ring is a replica. Just telling me I'm wrong, twice, isn't very informative just a bit snide.
    He was only informing you that there is much more wrong with this ring than the date.
    There are very good copies of original rings available, many will have a possibly correct date engraved in them.
    It is the other details that serious collectors study, to avoid being taken to the cleaners.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)