Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Found a fake ring while digging

Article about: Found a pretty bad fake ring while digging in the kurland pocket it’s weird to me how something like that ended up there in the first place but check it out anyways before I cleaned it and

Default Found a fake ring while digging

Found a pretty bad fake ring while digging in the kurland pocket it’s weird to me how something like that ended up there in the first place Found a fake ring while diggingFound a fake ring while diggingFound a fake ring while diggingFound a fake ring while diggingFound a fake ring while diggingFound a fake ring while diggingFound a fake ring while diggingFound a fake ring while diggingbut check it out anyways before I cleaned it and after

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found a fake ring while digging
    P
    Many

?

That's unusual. It's definitely not an original Honour Ring. Anything else buried near it or was it a single item?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The skull is too big compared to authentic SS Honor rings.
    I dont collect these and can only compare what is commonly seen ...and also there is so much detail on the ring you found for a dated 1930s ring.

you may want to compare with other ring threads in this forum.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Interesting. It would not surprise me if someone had recently buried the ring in order to go back and 'find it'. I am sure that if this is the case it would be sold as an original ground find, backed up by photos or video of it being 'found'.

Kind regards,

Will.

I bet that gave you an adrenaline rush when you first dug it up!
    Unlike an original ring I would not send soldiers to retrieve this ring, strange to find one out there all the sudden.
    Sort of reminds me how I once took a fake arrowhead and put it in the creek when I used to go arrowhead hunting with my Father as a joke, perhaps someone tried to do something similar and forgot where they placed it?
    Does it have the name an officer inside next to Himmler ? Perhaps you can see if it copied the name from an original piece.

Quote by Willmore View Post
    Interesting. It would not surprise me if someone had recently buried the ring in order to go back and 'find it'. I am sure that if this is the case it would be sold as an original ground find, backed up by photos or video of it being 'found'.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Exactly! This is the most likely explanation. There is at least one video of such a 'find' on YouTube. Well done. That's the sale of one fake foiled

Quote by Mordecai View Post
    I bet that gave you an adrenaline rush when you first dug it up!
    Unlike an original ring I would not send soldiers to retrieve this ring, strange to find one out there all the sudden.
    Sort of reminds me how I once took a fake arrowhead and put it in the creek when I used to go arrowhead hunting with my Father as a joke, perhaps someone tried to do something similar and forgot where they placed it?
    Does it have the name an officer inside next to Himmler ? Perhaps you can see if it copied the name from an original piece.
    There is a name one the inside I’ll take a second when I get home to grab a photo of it and post it