Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Krim 1944 Ring

Article about: Hello all, Just thought I’d share this Krim ring, it’s quite worn and appears to have a gold face (something that isn’t seen very often). The date looks as though it has disappeared through

?

Default Krim 1944 Ring

Hello all,

Just thought I’d share this Krim ring, it’s quite worn and appears to have a gold face (something that isn’t seen very often). The date looks as though it has disappeared through time, possibly 1944? Or 1941? It looks similar to others on both this and other forums, are there any pointers that can help someone identify the good from the bad? (I appreciate these things are made by locals and weren’t regulated quality-wise). All opinions welcome

Cheers guys,

Skip01

Krim 1944 RingKrim 1944 RingKrim 1944 RingKrim 1944 RingKrim 1944 Ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim 1944 Ring
    P
    Many

mpw
    ?

Hi Skip. Not 1944 as the Germans were no longer in control of that area since the Russian advance of 1943.

Quote by mpw View Post
    Hi Skip. Not 1944 as the Germans were no longer in control of that area since the Russian advance of 1943.
    Cool ring Skip. Here is another Krim ring, clearly marked 1943. This is a tiny ring. I have wondered if it was made for a woman or a child, perhaps in the Hitlerjugend.

Cheers,

Stephen

Krim 1944 Ring

?

Thanks for the comments so far, guys

mpw - if my memory serves me right, I was under the impression that the Germans were in the Crimea until April of 1944?

The ring does look as though it once said 1944, the top of the missing digit does look like it may have been a ‘4’? Thoughts? You don’t see many 1944 krim rings all the same!
    Last edited by skip01; 02-29-2020 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Edit text

It is rare indeed to see any rings from 1944. The Germans had other things on their mind then.

mpw
    ?

Quote by skip01 View Post
    Thanks for the comments so far, guys

mpw - if my memory serves me right, I was under the impression that the Germans were in the Crimea until April of 1944?

The ring does look as though it once said 1944, the top of the missing digit does look like it may have been a ‘4’? Thoughts? You don’t see many 1944 krim rings all the same!
    Indeed they were still hanging on up to April but I hardly think souvenir shopping was on their minds.

Krim 1944 Ring

Here is my 1943 ring probably purchased when things were a lot calmer.

Krim 1944 Ring

?

mpw - You’re right, they definitely had more pressing matters at that stage of the war! I’d say it’s still possible for a ring to be purchased during this brief period of time (January to April 1944), even with the impending advance of the red army! Here’s a link that’s quite useful - https://youtu.be/WOVEy1tC7nk it shows the April advance on the Crimea at 05:16. Nice ring by the way