MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

The Lord of the rings

Article about: youtube.com/watch?v=YhOIYafquIY Für jeden der an unserer gemeinsamen Krankheit leidet hat jeder Fund seine besondere Geschichte..sein besonderes Gefühl. Ich persönlich mache sogar wenn ich m

Wagriff is sceptical. I respect that because I often felt the same way in 20 years of digging and collecting. That's because I do only collect own grounddugs. But in this case you can trust in the Lord of the rings Wargriff and if the things you pointed out are criteria for assessing originality theses criteria have to be changed in future because there's nothing wrong with that ring. And to show you whats still in the ground and is too good for believe for some people here's one picture of the Lady of the ID disks.. Some do not believe in it..but experts know there have been found a hand full of that in europe.
    Odin wanted more pictures so here they are. Thanks for your other pictures of different rings out there.
    And Wargriff..in history there have always been "unjust states" where the truth had to be called a fairy tale..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Lord of the rings   The Lord of the rings  

The Lord of the rings   The Lord of the rings  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Lord of the rings
    P
    Many

PR...if you are pleased with this ring, then, by all means, enjoy it and do not worry what others think or say of it. Myself, I have 2 rings that self declared experts have vehemently declared fake as well, but both were excavated by a close friend personally, so as I said-if you know that it is dug, then that should be the end of the story.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

To be sceptical is a good feature in this business.

For me the ring itself looks like a nice period one.
    Of course the plain area of the plate was for engraving.
    Done to which time?
    I think only the engraver knows this exact.
    But i like this ring and the engraving too. Especially the engraved runes fit to the unit of the person it seems the ring
    belonged.

Guys, this is one of the best discussions I have seen on the Forum, thank you. Experienced, knowledgeable people giving considered and considerate opinions, with some fun added for good measure. No signs of the kinds of nasty or sarcastic (not to mention nonsensical) commentaries we've seen in some other threads.

For what it's worth, I think that PuSSyriot's ring is a real WWII item. When the Sieg runes were engraved will remain uncertain but the ring looks great!

Thanks again.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    What the hell is a tiffin?

It's a word from the old days of the "British Raj" in India (another one of those charming colony things dontcha know old boy?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffin

Today it still thrives as an active business in the Indian catering industry with "fast food" being delivered by "tiffin wallahs" in "tiffin boxes" but it has always been a kind of "posh" thing in UK although it is possible to find metal lunch boxes referred to as "Tiffin" Tins or Boxes and not dissimilar to the US lunch pail. These days "Tiffin" is usually referred to in humerous or satirical vein. Historically it was a feature of life in the military messes but by WWII only common in the officers mess evironment.

"Every day is a school day"

Regards

Mark

PS Wallah = typically a bloke or chap who does something or carries out a specific role;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallah
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-26-2017 at 03:09 PM. Reason: additional info
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4