Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mar 7, '36 tk ring

Article about: Wag and low - nothing strange about it, actually. I now have boyle's c.o.a. Dw by lowboy no comments?

?

Default Re: Mar 7, '36 tk ring

Well that's a very good sign... Keep us posted!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mar 7, '36  tk ring
    P
    Many

?

tho maybe not the best? I've heard really good fakes have the join line too....? we'll see what magic my friend can make.

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    Well that's a very good sign... Keep us posted!!!

To be honest Vady, I would never spend a dime on a Third Reich ring of any kind. These are so heavily faked that I don't even know if I would trust dug up one.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but the fact that I think that 99.99999% of these are fake kind of kills it for me.

?

Quote by vady View Post
    tho maybe not the best? I've heard really good fakes have the join line too....? we'll see what magic my friend can make.
    Yes of course many fakes have that line ... But many don't ... So you have eliminated a good portion of the known fakes that are out there. It's just a good first step towards authentication ... I'm sure Craig will need to see it in hand.. And X-ray it or whatever he does to give you a definite answer... But the fact the name doesn't appear in the fake data base is a good sign.. Have you searched the date ?

?

Noted!

Quote by obkrieger View Post
    to be honest vady, i would never spend a dime on a third reich ring of any kind. These are so heavily faked that i don't even know if i would trust dug up one.

Maybe i'm just paranoid, but the fact that i think that 99.99999% of these are fake kind of kills it for me.

?

the date is mar. 7, 1936 which craig notes is extremely rare, i.e., only 8 known. making this #9.

Yes of course many fakes have that line ... But many don't ... So you have eliminated a good portion of the known fakes that are out
    THE DATE M,A3 3 '36

there. It's just a good first step towards authentication ... I'm sure Craig will need to see it in hand.. And X-ray it or whatever he does to give you a definite answer... But the fact the name doesn't appear in the fake data base is a good sign.. Have you searched the date ?

?

Did you take better pics?

?

yes low' - enjoy. and more comments welcome!

Did you take better pics?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mar 7, '36  tk ring   Mar 7, '36  tk ring  

Mar 7, '36  tk ring   Mar 7, '36  tk ring  

Post these better shots on WAF too. - Maybe they will
    finally say something.........
    Regards,

Steve.

vady

I have a question. When you hold the ring facing the skull, the text inside is rightside up? You pics appear to show the text upside down. I'm certainly not an expert on 10K+ rings but I believe originals have text rightside up when facing the skull.

Green
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 01-24-2012 at 05:22 AM.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast