Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

"Mysterious" ss deaths head ring

Article about: Hello, some time ago I’ve came across this particular ring. As I know, it was dug up near Polish-Czech border in Zieleniec, along with other items like ss nord division spoons. And… And

?

Default "Mysterious" ss deaths head ring

"Mysterious" ss deaths head ring"Mysterious" ss deaths head ring"Mysterious" ss deaths head ring"Mysterious" ss deaths head ring"Mysterious" ss deaths head ring

Hello,
    some time ago I’ve came across this particular ring.
    As I know, it was dug up near Polish-Czech border in Zieleniec, along with other items like ss nord division spoons.
    And…
    And I have never seen “pattern” like this on an ss ring, it also looks like hand made one to me (For example the ss signs are looking different on each side, and u can also see drill marks there), besides that i was trying to find one on the internet but i haven’t seen even one close looking to this one… on repro sites as well.
    So, I was wondering if anybody knows what can it be or how it was created etc..
    I also know that it is made of silver.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Mysterious" ss deaths head ring
    P
    Many

That is an odd looking thing for sure. How do you know it is made of silver, has it been tested?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Yes, it was

?

If possible, under magnification, look to see if the hallmarks are readable, there are many sites dedicated to ring and silver hallmarks for further research.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Hi
    ill check it when I'll get my hands on it. Could you please share link to one of those sites with me?
    thanks

Whether it was 'dug up near Polish-Czech border' or not, it's a fantasy ring. Being dug out of the ground is not proof of anything except that it was buried. This is no period pattern from the Third Reich. I wouldn't have it in my collection, sorry.

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    Whether it was 'dug up near Polish-Czech border' or not, it's a fantasy ring. Being dug out of the ground is not proof of anything except that it was buried. This is no period pattern from the Third Reich. I wouldn't have it in my collection, sorry.
    Exactly and when I asked if it had been tested to discern whether it was made of silver I had hoped for a little more than "yes it was".

As we are fond of saying in the hobby "buy the item not the story".

Any chance of getting your money back?

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."