Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need help ss skull ring

Article about: hi guys i need help for this ring maybe real or fake freicorps ring. thank you

Default need help ss skull ring

hi guys i need help for this ring maybe real or fake freicorps ring. thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images need help ss skull ring  need help ss skull ring  need help ss skull ring  need help ss skull ring  need help ss skull ring  need help ss skull ring 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need help ss skull ring
    P
    Many

fantasy

I‘m less sure than Evgeniy that this is a fantasy, as the pattern (or something very similar) did exist. In fact, there were a few variants of a heavy ring with a big skull like this riveted onto the cartouche. Often, but not always, the rivet can be seen but sometimes not, as it was covered with solder and polished flat before a silver wash was applied.

However, in my opinion, the ring here is a fake. This particular pattern - with a zinc-coloured skull and a brass-coloured ring is unusual. Also, it should be a two-piece ring but this specimen looks like one piece, at least based on these photos. Never saw that before. Never saw what looks like some kind of bronze-coloured scroll on the ring to right side of the skull either. As such, it is likely a fake. That would be my bet as it is also horribly made... in fact, it's just plain horrible.

Also, why do so many people posting here claim that, just because a ring has a skull, it belongs to the SS (see post title)? In 99% of cases, this isn’t true. Not sure that this pattern was specific to any Freikorps either.

Cheers,
    Stephen
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 02-05-2020 at 07:14 PM.

yes, I saw pattern of this skull, I've seen it before
    But skull was hollow, made from brass and present in other type ring (ww1 period)
    All I see at this ring I dont like, look like a fantasy

?

At first glance it looks a familiar ring but it isn't. Someone has made extra work by using several materials and also, on one side, something ( not correct) like a branch with leaves in red copper ....

The face is not symetrical , the eyes and mouth have a rude shape. The eyes have a point behind. The nose is not heart shaped .
    I also tend to say it is a fake ...

benten