Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Officers canteen death head

Article about: . How common is this ring? It has 835 silver marking, ruby eyes. It was handed down, grandfather's from WW2. Been looking around and I don't see many with ruby eyes or this pattern.

Default Officers canteen death head

Officers canteen death headOfficers canteen death headOfficers canteen death head. How common is this ring? It has 835 silver marking, ruby eyes. It was handed down, grandfather's from WW2. Been looking around and I don't see many with ruby eyes or this pattern.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers canteen death head
    P
    Many

Appears to be one of the higher-quality rings available for purchase, regardless of rank...A desirable piece, seldom encountered these days with the rubies still in place...

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    Appears to be one of the higher-quality rings available for purchase, regardless of rank...A desirable piece, seldom encountered these days with the rubies still in place...
    Thnx for the reply. He fought in N Africa, Sicily, Italy. His story was he got it off of a dead German ss soldier.

?

Nice ring , but if I had a dollar for every time I've read 'Taken off a dead German' I'd be a multi-millionaire, no offense, but we have even seen fakes supposedly taken off dead Germans during the war, Just my two cents.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I can appreciate that sentiment. He died when I was a young man and he hardly ever talked about combat. He did recount Anzio, advancing behind armor rigged with huge dozer blades. After many enemy emplacements were burried alive they took naked defenders who had any scraps of clothing near white that they could wave to escape the same fate. He said leadership basically bogged them down there after initial success. As far as the ring he never said where or when. His only son, my uncle had the ring till he recently passed.

Mark shown here, f star jn a border.

Nice ring . It's good to see an original for a change, instead of some of the copies, fakes and fantasies that get posted here...

The 'F*' mark denotes Frey F. & Co. in Pforzheim, Germany. Frey was a well-known silversmith who produced several patterns of Totenkopf rings during the Third Reich period. I have a less worn version of the same ring as yours. In fact, I wear it every day This was a popular 'Kantine-Ring' pattern with servicemen from all branches of the Wehrmacht, and probably the SS and other organisations too.

There are several posts about Frey-designed rings here in the forum. Here's a link to other examples:

Frey & Co. Skull Ring......

Wow, the detail on yours is all there. Thanks for posting this, best match I've seen so far.

MAP
    ?

Rings ain't my things...but these are both nice examples. Thanks for showing
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)