Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake

Article about: Hi everybody. I accidentally found a silver ring (925). With the front side is a portrait of Mussolini and the sides of the ring are the symbol of Fascist Italy and the symbol X (I think the

Default Real or Fake

Hi everybody. I accidentally found a silver ring (925). With the front side is a portrait of Mussolini and the sides of the ring are the symbol of Fascist Italy and the symbol X (I think the placement of these symbols is not correct). I did a lot of research, but I didn't see any pictures or information related to this ring, basically the rings with Mussolini's portrait are not many even if they are fake rings. I'm hoping someone can tell me more about this ring, or be able to determine if it's real or fake. Thank you very much.

Real or Fake

Real or Fake

Real or Fake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake
    P
    Many

Based on your photos, this ring looks cast to me, and poorly cast too. That would mean it’s a fake. The surface inside should be nice and smooth, especially on a ring that has been worn. The inner surface here looks rough with, I suspect, casting flaws.
    Also, what is it made of? The ‘925’ mark seen in the third photo indicates a high silver content but, again based on the photos, it doesn‘t look to me like it’s made of silver.
    I’ve seen wartime Mussolini rings. In fact, there’s one in my collection. Most are brass with a silver wash. The sides are usually smooth or have a simple pattern inscribed. I’ve never seen fasces on a ring shank before. (And these here look poorly made).
    I don’t believe this is a period ring. I think it’s a poorly made fake. Sorry. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 11-15-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Thank you for your opinion. I also think it's a souvenir, not the real thing. At a shooting angle, the ring looks very good. I'm still hoping for more information on this ring.

Real or Fake

yes, agree - copy

CBH
    ?

I believe in Italy you can still purchase fascist items, unlike German this isn’t illegal.
    So this might just be a sovereign ring sold recently.

?

it is different.

Here's a wartime example. Brass with a silver-coloured wash, maybe even silver plated. I've had this ring for many years. Hope you enjoy seeing it.

Real or Fake Real or Fake

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    I believe in Italy you can still purchase fascist items, unlike German this isn’t illegal.
    So this might just be a sovereign ring sold recently.
    Absolutely right. I have a Mussolini 100th Anniversary table medal dated 1983, so why not a ring

Real or Fake
    Regards, Al