Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or fake Totenkopf ring.

Article about: Hello good afternoon/morning, what I have here is a Totenkompf ring that I have come across online for sale. The price is real low, and I’m almost positive it’s a fake due to some of the

Default Real or fake Totenkopf ring.

Hello good afternoon/morning, what I have here is a Totenkompf ring that I have come across online for sale. The price is real low, and I’m almost positive it’s a fake due to some of the knowledge I know about the topic. If you guys can help me figure out the authenticity of this piece it would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake Totenkopf ring.   Real or fake Totenkopf ring.  

Real or fake Totenkopf ring.   Real or fake Totenkopf ring.  

Real or fake Totenkopf ring.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake Totenkopf ring.
    P
    Many

?

I would say fake no seam behind the skull

That is a good point, and as of right now I’m trying to receive better quality photos of that specific part of the ring. Were there any other indicators as to assume that it’s a fake? As far as the wear and dimensions I would assume to be somewhat correct, and the skull itself seems proportionate. If this is a fake (which I also assume is) I thinks it’s a well done one, compared to the others that I’ve seen.

I have received more detailed photos of the skull itself on the ring.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake Totenkopf ring.   Real or fake Totenkopf ring.  

?

I would say fake looks to be cast you can see the pitting

Sounds good, I didn’t purchase it, and it’s nice to know a few more ways to identify imperfections. Thanks a lot!

It's a horrible fake, no doubt.

That's actually one of the poorest, badly-made fakes I have seen. If you don‘t have thousands to spend on a genuine SS Honour ring, assuming one is available for sale, the best copies can be found in the link below, run by our forum member Evgeniy. Very reasonably-priced too.
    TOTENKOPFRING , SS HONOR RING, SS RING, WW2 GERMAN RINGS

Thanks for the heads up! I figured it wasn’t genuine in the first place because of the price reason, and to know some things to look for when viewing a fake is the reason I intended to post about this one. I’ll check some of that out, thank you again for the connection. I don’t want to be interested in spending much money on things that don’t have authenticity.