Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

real ss ring or fake?

Article about: Hello, I'm new to the forum and this is my second post. I need your help in determining the authenticity of the ring with. Story: I'm going to buy a ring from a familiar seller in my country

Post real ss ring or fake?

Real SS ring or fake? Hello, I'm new to the forum and this is my second post. I need your help in determining the authenticity of the ring with.

Story: I'm going to buy a ring from a familiar seller in my country. According to legend, the ring was found during excavations using a metal detector at the site of the fighting in Russia. The ring is not a reward, as the seller claims, it was made either by a soldier to order, or bought by a German soldier in the occupied territory.

The ring consists of three parts, a silver base and two soldered runes. There is no brand on the ring. The ring was being cleaned of patina. There are green spots on the runes, the seller did not wipe them off. According to him, the stains may be metal oxide or, probably, the remains of the body(((

I will be very grateful to everyone for their help)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture real ss ring or fake?   real ss ring or fake?  

real ss ring or fake?   real ss ring or fake?  

real ss ring or fake?  
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-13-2022 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Edited title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement real ss ring or fake?
    P
    Many

I'm sorry, I use the automatic translation of the page, and I didn't notice that the title remained in my language.

Welcome to the forum. My first comment is, even if a ring is ground dug, how do you know how it got in the ground? How do you know when it got in the ground in the first place? Who put it there? Being found under the ground, supposedly ‘by chance’ with a metal detector, is not proof of anything. Secondly, while this might have been a locally-made ring or trench art, I think it’s a fake. I wouldn’t touch it with a ten-foot pole.

?

This does not look like it has been dug from the ground. It looks like a cheap cast, not SS quality piece.

Welcome to the forum.