Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ring help pt2

Article about: Are any of the ww2 german rings you can find on ebay worth while or authentic? Seems to be a bunch of trench art and canteen rings but hard to filter out and tell whats real… appreciate an

Default Ring help pt2

Are any of the ww2 german rings you can find on ebay worth while or authentic? Seems to be a bunch of trench art and canteen rings but hard to filter out and tell whats real… appreciate any help. If you could comments links to authentic ones !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ring help pt2
    P
    Many

I suggest you learn what to look for, and do some searching.
    There are many threads already posted in this section with good information.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

You will find a mix of original and fake rings on eBay. You have to filter the good from the bad. Unless you know what you're looking at, I'd advise against going straight in to eBay for original TR militaria because you will end up getting burned.
    Search the forum, look at pictures, read what the members have said about particular rings and arm yourself with the knowledge that has been imparted here over the years and you will be able to save yourself from wasting money on trash. There are many threads here about canteen rings and you will gain an awful lot of knowledge just by taking a step back and learning prior to buying.
    If you're finding it hard, it's because it is when you are starting out. Just take your time and gather information and what to look out for on original pieces and then you can spot the fakes.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very sound advice from two guys who know. This is not a hobby to jump into blind. We all have clunkers in our collections (I have a few doozies!) and, I imagine, those were procured when we were younger and less experienced with collecting TR rings.

?

And if you want to know about rings, I would be paying close attention to the advice and help offered by Stephen above. He and Aldo know their stuff in that field and would be the first I would turn to if I were to purchase such an item.
    Research their posts on rings on the forum and you will learn a lot.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I have collected a few rings over the years. I would base the decision to purchase on existing patterns which are period documented:

Ring help pt2Ring help pt2Ring help pt2

Quote by Vocht View Post
    I have collected a few rings over the years. I would base the decision to purchase on existing patterns which are period documented:
    Great period ads, thanks for posting them. I have also collected TR rings for many years. However, there are a great many rings out there that are postwar copies (some of them very good copies) of 'patterns which are period documented'. Regardless of whether it is a known pattern, any ring under consideration for purchase should be carefully checked for signs of casting and other flaws, as well as compared with known authentic period rings.