Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

A skull and bones ring?

Article about: Hello, and again I'm in search of a ring for the collection. A friend offers such a ring, of a well-known design. in I'm not sure of its authenticity. There is a photo allegedly before the c

Question A skull and bones ring?

Hello, and again I'm in search of a ring for the collection. A friend offers such a ring, of a well-known design. in

I'm not sure of its authenticity. There is a photo allegedly before the cleaning, but I have some doubts that the same ring is depicted in both photos.

Unfortunately, we managed to get photos of not the best quality. I will be grateful for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A skull and bones ring?   A skull and bones ring?  

A skull and bones ring?   A skull and bones ring?  

Attached Images Attached Images A skull and bones ring? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A skull and bones ring?
    P
    Many

?

Do you have any better picture on the back / inside of the skull?

IMO, the first two photos are not the same ring.
    Compare the right eye sockets.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I assume that the first photo is of a putative ‘ground-dug’ ring. I don’t trust anything claimed to be dug from the ground. You have no idea: 1. where it was ‘discovered’; 2. when it got into the ground; 3. how it got there. Based on this, and even if the shiny ring is the same as the ‘dug’ one (which I doubt), I wouldn’t trust it. If these are two different rings, I wouldn’t trust the seller. Either way, I think it’s probably a modern cast reproduction of a known pattern.

?

There is a sucker born every minute they say.

I asked him to take a better photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A skull and bones ring?   A skull and bones ring?  

I thought of mirroring the photo, now they are similar

I have mirrored the photo now, now the rings are more similar. Previous post. But that doesn't make it original yet (

?

I must agree with Ralph on this one. The ring that's dugged and the cleaned one doesn't look identical. Also I don't like the back of it. I wouldn't buy it. There's better ones out there!

The thing with some people selling "dugged" rings is so that the look of the ring gets a little "slack" from the inspection, like "Oh it's a bit rough, but it was dugged". Pretty common to say a copy was ground dugged and use it as an excuse for it if any signs of being casted / copy. Note to self, unless you wasn't the person who found it in the ground, be very suspicious and take everything with a pinch of salt, it will save you your money.

Quote by DanielAntic View Post
    I thought of mirroring the photo, now they are similar
    IMO, they are still not the same.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)