Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Ehrenring, opinions sought

Article about: Seeking opinions on this one. Trying to get better photos.

))) I dont agree with you and all my clients (they are many, many more), too dont agree with u)))

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ehrenring, opinions sought
    P
    Many

Now I get it. Evgeniy has this website lavishly devoted to reproduction SS rings. It goes into detail how well the originals are copied to the smallest detail, even wear marks are faithfully reproduced. In this hobby people are always wondering were all the hated fakes and reproductions come from. A Johannes Floch of SS rings I suppose.

SS honor ring repro, copy ss ehrenring, high quality ss totenkopfring repro

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    No, because he does not sell them as original.
    Anybody that is interested in purchasing an original SHOULD do his homework.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You have a valid point Ralph, he does not sell them as original. But they will be sold as originals, eventually.

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    You have a valid point Ralph, he does not sell them as original. But they will be sold as originals, eventually.
    That is why I said , anyone considering buying an original, should do their homework.
    You wouldn't spend $10,000-$20,000 on a car without checking it out thoroughly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I did not say that people should not do their homework prior to purchase, regardless if it is a $10,000 item or a $100 item. This forum is filled with people doing just that homework. That being said, I am not a fan of the fakes flooding the markets in this hobby. In fact this forum doesn't allow people to knowingly post fakes. Although his items are clearly advertised as reproductions the website clearly states in detail how these items are made to be as indistinguishable from the real thing as possible. So even if the original seller's intent is honest, this is one example of where fakes we see out there originate. They will end up being sold as real eventually, and people will be coming to this forum and finding out they are not, as the OP in this thread. But that is the beauty of a platform such as this one, many people get to share their opinions, and sometimes people have to agree to disagree.

?

That said, I dislike copies. The man is very good at making them. Professional website.

A very difficult topic. Evgeniy clearly states what he is selling and at least has the decency to let his customers know what to look for in the ring construction, which helps determine where it has come from and the fact that it is a repro. That said, not everybody who is doing his research might not be aware of his site.

The ring in original post is a copy , casted in text with fault line visible across name,

2Vocht
    if you cannot understand the original or a copy from this photo, you should not engage in such a hobby, because you have a zero level, the one who decided to spend 10 or 20 thousand on a ring should study the issue of rings and understand it, and not lean in case the person is so stupid that he does not check the goods he buys, then this is the problem of the buyer, not the seller, and the buyer is a fool. )))

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast