Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS honor ring. 1936.

Article about: Hi, I have this ring that was passed on from my dad, and I am wanting to get it valued/authenticated/and then sold. After doing a bit of research on here, I have sent an email to Don Boyle a

?

arry C
    Although there is alot of supporting background history on the original owner of the ring...lets not pop the champagne cork too quickly as with anything we collect ...going the extra mile just to make sure the ring is correct ...it would be best to wait for Don Boyle to give his thoughts on the ring.

Also currently Member Evgeniy is one of the forums Ring Masters which he is active on this forum. It would be best if Andy or someone would send a PM to Evgeniy to come take a look.

We know to focus more so on the item ...which the story sounds supportive ...and I mean no disrespect towards the OP Andy...but these rings can be a minefield and nothing wrong with taking an extra tea spoonful of precaution on the composition and construction of the ring itself.

I have seen names and SS numbers ruin authentic SS daggers over the years...some good and some bad. I would like to hear more thoughts on the ring itself .
    Just my 3 cents

Regards Larry
    People don't need Don Boyle's $350 verdict anymore. There are now far more resources available to make determination by your own or others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS honor ring. 1936.
    P
    Many

Quote by Ingwe View Post
    People don't need Don Boyle's $350 verdict anymore. There are now far more resources available to make determination by your own or others.
    Hi Ingwe.

Can you post a link or point members to these resources please. These would be good to have as future research/reference material.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Quote by Willmore View Post
    Hi Ingwe.

Can you post a link or point members to these resources please. These would be good to have as future research/reference material.

Kind regards,

Will.
    There's no responsibility on my end to construct a sticky on TK rings to help people. However I will say more books have been written describing and dissecting these rings in detail.
    Antonio Scapini one of the authors as well as others go into these rings in detail on the WAF forum aswell as Germandaggers.

The Honor Ring Forum - Your new forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

A good search and staring at real examples can do wonders for your bearings when presented with these.

Quote by Ingwe View Post
    There's no responsibility on my end to construct a sticky on TK rings to help people. However I will say more books have been written describing and dissecting these rings in detail.
    Antonio Scapini one of the authors as well as others go into these rings in detail on the WAF forum aswell as Germandaggers.

The Honor Ring Forum - Your new forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

A good search and staring at real examples can do wonders for your bearings when presented with these.
    You were not asked to construct a sticky, you were politely asked if you could provide links or point members to resources that would help them with research and reference. You did this so thank you.

Forum Member and Administrator, Adrian Stevenson, works with a British auction house called Bamfords. I would contact him if you want to sell your ring. Auctioneers will charge a fee though, sometimes a hefty fee.

Here's one of Adrian's posts from a couple of years ago. It was an SSHR sale.

SS Ehrenring coming up at work

MAP
    ?

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    Forum Member and Administrator, Adrian Stevenson, works with a British auction house called Bamfords. I would contact him if you want to sell your ring. Auctioneers will charge a fee though, sometimes a hefty fee.

Here's one of Adrian's posts from a couple of years ago. It was an SSHR sale.

SS Ehrenring coming up at work
    Very true and a faux pas oversight on my part when listing auction houses especially with a desire to stay in the UK.

I blame my Faux Pas on multi tasking.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Ingwe View Post
    And is why I also mentioned Evgeniy ...which includes others who have this " Free " knowledge...not just Don Boyle alone.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I have sold 8 original SS Honour Rings during my time.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Andy, it’s Shelley Wolferseder !
    I uploaded pics ! Just a few! I am at work but wanted to send out what I could !
    Documents to follow from his SS Vikings documents that were given to myself and my husband while we were in Germany with my Grandfather !

Hi Shelley, I have uploaded the photos for you to this thread as they do not show in your introduction post.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3