Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Honor rings for sale? Advice, leads sought.

Article about: As some of you know I was burned a few weeks ago on a sizable purchase. Oh well. I still am in a money spending mood but at this point I would like to ask if anyone here knows of any private

Default SS Honor rings for sale? Advice, leads sought.

As some of you know I was burned a few weeks ago on a sizable purchase. Oh well. I still am in a money spending mood but at this point I would like to ask if anyone here knows of any private party that has a ring they might be willing to part with. Provenance is a must. I have seen these go from $3000 to $20000 or at least asking price. Militarynut has two great examples and their is a British site, JamieCross Militaria with two rings, little more wear etc. Oakleafmilitaria.com has one for $10,500. Any other websites you know of...? What are the reputations of these sites/owners/dealers? Any leads on rings would be appreciated. I just bought a M1a scout (civilian m14) at a gun show today so I am in a money spending mood... most likely go broke before this next tour, which is pretty much my game plan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honor rings for sale?  Advice, leads sought.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Honor rings for sale? Advice, leads sought.

Be very careful my friend as i dont want to see you get burned again.Their are many repro's out there and anyone of the dealers who has one can be burned to.Before you venture into the this honor ring purchase i suggest that you buy Don Boyles book on the subject which will be of great assitance to you and post the photos of there offerings on this forum!! I left the army a long time ago and dont want to see you get screwed.Carl
    Last edited by goodbuys; 12-05-2011 at 04:37 AM.

The cheapest SS honour rings you're going to find on the market are foreign SS divisions. Being in Russia, I have an Estonian and Finnish honour ring, but I have never seen a German SS (Allgemeine, Einsatzgruppen) honour ring. Try e-Bay, or if your in Europe go to Germany. It really depends what your into when it comes to militaria. You have to go to the country where it's from. Go to anywhere in Eastern Europe and there will be loads of Soviet stuff. Germany, Nazi stuff and so on. Something I'm looking for is a Fascist Italian hat (the big hat type with the eagle on it that Mussolini wore). If someone could help me with that, it would help. (And I have went to Italy to look for one).

'Try ebay'?? Seriously??

I would keep well away from ebay mate, you are really running a risk of doing your dough there.

?

It always worries me when someone has money burning holes in their pockets and want to buy a high end item for a serious amount of cash. It's a recipe for disaster.
    Take your time, research the item, know it inside out, steer clear of ebay or any such sites because you will get burned. You need to know the reputable places or persons to buy such an item - through research!
    Don't rely on others to tell you everything, you need to put in some groundwork first and know what you're buying. Please don't expect to get one handed to you on a plate and don't expect a bargain either.
    Please exercise caution and common sense and make sure what you buy is the real thing. These are expensive items and therefore very good fakes abound.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

More excellent advice from Adrian

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I totally agree with what Adrian stated.Would you buy a car without first checking it out and seeing if what you see is what you get?Ebay will never see an original honor ring in the next million years!!Soldier guy we dont want to see you get burned for the second time.Please buy Don Boyles book as i have stated before even if it costs i believe $60-$70 He is theguy to go for information for these rare rings.Carl

Craig Gottlieb has got a bit of a bad rep with some collectors, but his book 'The SS Totenkopf Ring' published by Schiffer Military History Books is a very concise work on the SS Honour Ring, decribing it's history, meaning and, more importantly, the difference between real and fake ones.

There are many examples of both, and the photography is absolutely second to none, which is where it comes in ahead of Mr. Boyles book. If you are seriously thinking of purchasing an Honour ring, and don't wanna get burned, both of these books, whilst not cheap, are a MUST have. You have to speculate to accumulate!

Here's a linky thing to Gottlieb's selection of rings for sale (Ouch! They're expensive!) but it gives you an idea of what you're looking for.

Craig Gottlieb Militaria

Tread carefully and be cautious, and if you're thinking of a purchase, fly it past the guy's on here first. All the best.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Avoid ebay and ioffer for sure
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast