Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Totenkopf Silver Ring with Oak Leaves - Authentic or Not?

Article about: Hello all, Recently purchased this ring at auction on Live Auctioneers. The auctioneer is Rare Treasures from Pennsylvania. Can someone please let me know if this is authentic to the Third R

Default SS Totenkopf Silver Ring with Oak Leaves - Authentic or Not?

Hello all,

Recently purchased this ring at auction on Live Auctioneers. The auctioneer is Rare Treasures from Pennsylvania. Can someone please let me know if this is authentic to the Third Reich era or not?

Please note I tried uploading photos but not working. Will have to use this link for now, which shows the archived auction.

Ww2 German Totenkopf Ss 835 Silver Ring With Oak Leaves Auction

Thank you!
    David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf Silver Ring with Oak Leaves - Authentic or Not?
    P
    Many

A fantasy ring IMO.

?

Hello David,

Unfortunately I agree with Erich, it's not a period ring and it looks like a fantasy piece based upon the SS Honour Ring.

I had a look at the other Third Reich items on that page and all are fake or fantasy.
    I would seek to return for a refund or cancel the purchase if possible.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hey David,

I would see if you can cancel your buy and if they give a refund take it. I took screen shots for you so others can learn from this thread and ring. Links disappear. For the good of the collecting community, we need archives and photos for reference. In my opinion a 4th Reich Piece.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thank you for uploading the pics. I tried but it didn't want to know.

Thank you everyone for your input. They just sent me the invoice now so I will cancel it and not go through. I had also emailed them one week ago asking for them to clarify/confirm if these were genuine Third Reich pieces or not, and there was no response. I bought this for about $130 so I was willing 'to take the risk on it' but I guess the price itself is too good to be true for a genuine ring.

It's a shame as the ring looks very nice but worthless to me if not authentic

?

German canteen rings that could be purchased by anyone in the services can be found for a reasonable price. Genuine SS Honour Rings sell for tens of thousands.

?

Quote by daviddillion View Post
    Thank you everyone for your input. They just sent me the invoice now so I will cancel it and not go through. I had also emailed them one week ago asking for them to clarify/confirm if these were genuine Third Reich pieces or not, and there was no response. I bought this for about $130 so I was willing 'to take the risk on it' but I guess the price itself is too good to be true for a genuine ring.

It's a shame as the ring looks very nice but worthless to me if not authentic
    Good deal! Even at $130 you did not get fleeced. Glad they will allow you to get a credit and not bill you. Bullet dodged.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Any places/sites you recommend? I've tried all the dealers listed on this site but none seem to have any. Honor rings are outside my budget right now but willing to spend $300-500 for a genuine Third Reich era Canteen ring.