Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Totenkopf

Article about: Hi guys I’d like you to cast your eyes over my ring, all comments much appreciated.

As I say I’m open to suggestions. Most of the scratches and imperfections are writing, looks to have been possibly done with a badge pin. I can think of only two occasions when a man would have the time or inclination to graffiti a ring. Ones prison and the others the theatre of war. As for the resoldering, I presume you mean on the band. It would have been stamped out and then sized.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf
    P
    Many

As I say I’m open to suggestions on all of the above. As for the resolder, I presume it would have been stamped out and then cut to size. I think you’ve miss understood my comment about trench art. I have some fantastic trench art, what I meant was it looks professionally made.

CBH
    ?

I'd say it's Death's sickle and has no SS association.
    But it still might be a canteen ring, but they aren't usually brass.

It’s the style of the totenkopf that points me towards the Ss, I’m sure you’d agree it’s a dead ringer for an ss one. (No pun intended) lol.

Never saw a SS ring like that. Maybe freemasonry or Freikorps.

It’s cast , and as most know , it’s not a sign of original German military ring

Look at teeth and gums , one half side is raised , other half is shallow , as in a cast fault line seen on copies

Totenkopf
    Totenkopf

?

Looks like some kind of mexican mafioso ring

It’s not cast. Look at the detailing on it, you don’t get detail like that on cast rings and as for the marks you’ve pointed out, you’ll find that’s writing. I suggest you look at the pics more carefully.

?

Could it possibly be some kind of mourning ring?

2 I’m not sure what the sythe thing is all about. Maybe something to do with the vows to hitler. Until death and all that. I’m still trying to suss it all out myself, hence me coming on here to chew it over with like minded people. I don’t thing it’s trench art, it looks properly made, I’ve got some trench. art.

it's funny, you have a very violent fantasy, continue )))

I think this is not ww2 germans ring, just modern

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast