Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

West Wall Ring - Good?

Article about: Hello all, I've been offered another item by my dealer friend - it's a west wall 1939/40 ring. I've done a bit of digging around on this forum and its looks as though it's a genuine piece (s

The colleagues who posted here in the thread are either deceased (R.I.P.), or have not been present in the forum for a long time.

I would still like to show you pictures of a comparable Westwallring that I bought at a flea market many years ago.

West Wall Ring - Good?West Wall Ring - Good?West Wall Ring - Good?West Wall Ring - Good?West Wall Ring - Good?West Wall Ring - Good?West Wall Ring - Good?West Wall Ring - Good?West Wall Ring - Good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement West Wall Ring - Good?
    P
    Many

That looks like a nicely worn original . You can still see the odd trace of the silver wash in a couple of the deeper seams. The majority of these WW rings were made of alloys like brass or nickel silver (Neusilber, AKA Alpacca). Most had a silver-coloured wash with nickel or they were chrome-plated. Some also had a thick plating with silver and it can be difficult to tell if theses are plated or solid silver. The latter may have a hallmark. Some collectors believe that the solid silver WW rings are copies. I'm not so sure although several of the many patterns of Westwall ring have indeed been heavily copied.

Yes, old friends such as Odal and Wagriff died a few years ago. Both good guys whose expertise is sorely missed.

Here's another one of the same pattern. It appears to be silver-plated.

West Wall Ring - Good?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2