Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What kind of ring is this?

Article about: Hi there! I was wondering what kind of ring this is? I've done some research online and according to the logo it's the '3rd panzer division totenkopf' logo. Who was this ring ment for? Is it

What actually is being referred to here when you say "the famous Schutzstaffel Totenkopfring"? The translation for this is simply "the SS Skull ring"? Do you mean the SS Honor Ring? As Andreas has already mentioned, these were awarded to nearly the end of the war. If not this, then what "SS Skull ring" are you a talking about? SS members-as well as all the Other military branches and civilians as well-all liked and wore skull motif rings. They were hugely popular before during and after the war...

I would also ask-how is it that you, as a jeweler, are definitely dating this fantasy ring as much older than the 1970's when it was first making it's appearance on the collectors market? This particular ring is quite likely even newer than the 70's, as the soft silver isn't exhibiting much wear if any. You'll see genuine silver rings from the war era that were nearly worn to oblivion after just a few years of them being worn by their owners. Some you find are nearly slick and detail-less before the war even ended.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of ring is this?
    P
    Many

I don't, i respect your opinions and knowledge, but that this ring would of been from the 70s is hard to me to see. That's why i wan't sources of that statement.

Quote by RobMahl View Post
    I don't, i respect your opinions and knowledge, but that this ring would of been from the 70s is hard to me to see. That's why i wan't sources of that statement.
    You have already received this. Fakers did not publish announcements or issue press releases when an item was being inserted into the market. Oral evidence of when they first appeared is the best you can get. At some point, you owe the contributors at least a "thank you." You will not receive any new earth shaking evidence unless some one creates it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As I said, the Design first appeared in the 1970's, but this particular ring is likely much more recent from the lack of wear patterns, the markings, etc. I've seen this design countless times everywhere on the internet from eBay to Eastern European fake selling militaria sites. Don't know what more to tell you as for "sources". Fake rings don't come from papered and documented factories.
    William

For rings of this style, also see:

https://joteef.com/en/22-war-rings

In any case:

No offense, but there is not the slightest doubt whatsoever that the ring in the first post is a post-war fantasy piece. Is it really that important whether it was made in 1960, 1970 or last week?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    And that's just One of endless such type sites...
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    What actually is being referred to here when you say "the famous Schutzstaffel Totenkopfring"? The translation for this is simply "the SS Skull ring"? Do you mean the SS Honor Ring? As Andreas has already mentioned, these were awarded to nearly the end of the war. If not this, then what "SS Skull ring" are you a talking about? SS members-as well as all the Other military branches and civilians as well-all liked and wore skull motif rings. They were hugely popular before during and after the war...

I would also ask-how is it that you, as a jeweler, are definitely dating this fantasy ring as much older than the 1970's when it was first making it's appearance on the collectors market? This particular ring is quite likely even newer than the 70's, as the soft silver isn't exhibiting much wear if any. You'll see genuine silver rings from the war era that were nearly worn to oblivion after just a few years of them being worn by their owners. Some you find are nearly slick and detail-less before the war even ended.
    Because it has been underneath the ground for decades. Most of the fantasy ring sellers says it is 800 silver when it's actually 900 silver. 800 silver tarnish ALOT when you wear it. really old 800 silver rings gets very dark. Plus, when a ring is underneat the ground for a long period ( read decades ) the cemicals makes the ring very dark. A ring from the 70s that says it's 800 silver wouldn't tarnish this much, because it's most certain not real 800 silver.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    For rings of this style, also see:

https://joteef.com/en/22-war-rings

In any case:

No offense, but there is not the slightest doubt whatsoever that the ring in the first post is a post-war fantasy piece. Is it really that important whether it was made in 1960, 1970 or last week?
    That ring is most definatly a replica / fake, the silver tells everything.

Well yeah, i like old rings I collect jewelry, not just historical ones. But old / vintage jewelry.

It doesn't take being buried for decades for silver of most any content to turn black-as evidenced by my sterling flatware set. The higher the silver purity, the quicker it tarnishes, of course, in any case. As for this ring, though-it is absolutely Not an excavated piece-despite what the previous owner may have told you. I have plenty of actual battlefield dug rings in my collection and they exhibit nothing like the appearance that this ring does.
    William

thank you?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast