Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What kind of ring is this?

Article about: Hi there! I was wondering what kind of ring this is? I've done some research online and according to the logo it's the '3rd panzer division totenkopf' logo. Who was this ring ment for? Is it

Well i thank you all for your answers, i accept the fact that this ring is a post-war ring. Howerer i'm not sold on the "70s" period.

All in all i think it's a neat looking ring!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of ring is this?
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It doesn't take being buried for decades for silver of most any content to turn black-as evidenced by my sterling flatware set. The higher the silver purity, the quicker it tarnishes, of course, in any case. As for this ring, though-it is absolutely Not an excavated piece-despite what the previous owner may have told you. I have plenty of actual battlefield dug rings in my collection and they exhibit nothing like the appearance that this ring does.
    "The higher the silver purity, the quicker it tarnishes, of course"
    Wrong, the higher the purity, the longer it takes to tarnishes. And the higher the purity, the less darker the tarnish are.

If you have any silver rings from the 70s, i would recommend to compare them to older ring, rings from the 30s - 40s for example and look at the tarnish. Try clean them too to see what happen.

Wonderful...an arguer...I've wasted enough of my time on this thread.....enjoy your beautiful and rare ring. Thank you for dropping by...Bye.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Rob - Just chuck it in the f*** it bucket and move on, you're better than this I'm sure.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

Does anybody have an old 1970's copy of the Biker Magazine "Easy Rider", this mag used to contain adverts for such treasures.

Biker junk that still surfaces to this day, the ever popular Wiking Viking head ring, and other Gems.

I'd suggest you watch your tone here, such combative replies will usually get you tossed out on your *SS.

PS here is a REAL WWII Canteen ring note the slight wear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of ring is this?   What kind of ring is this?  

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Wonderful...an arguer...I've wasted enough of my time on this thread.....enjoy your beautiful and rare ring. Thank you for dropping by...Bye.
    ?

I'm not arguing, i'm giving you facts when it comes to silver... Like you guys gave me facts about that the ring is fake? And i accepted that. Clearly you couldn't accept facts...

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

CBH
    ?

I was going to say, it's been good knowing you, but that's a Lie.

Your a pain, who fights the truth. You won't be missed.

Bye Bye

This thread has run it's course. Now closed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3