Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bergen-Belsen Liberation Anniversary

Article about: Today, the 15th April 2014, markes the 69th anniversary of the liberation of KL-Bergen-Belsen. The camp, with its unique composition of sub-camps all located within its own boundaries, event

?

Another year passes...

I recently interviewed a lady who was liberated at Bergen-Belsen, having endured the utter horror of other major camps within the KZ system...and several satellite camps too...hell on Earth...no other words can describe the camp during its latter stages.

This day marks the 72nd anniversary.

?

And another year passes...

Today marks the 73rd anniversary of the liberation of Bergen-Belsen.

?

You're a good man Carl!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

My grandmas uncle was part of the fife and Forfar yeomanry that liberated Bergen Belsen, he was a tank crewman (can’t remember what role) . He never liked to speak about ww2 in general and I can understand why

?

Today, April 15th 2019, marks another year since the camp was liberated by British forces. The lady I interviewed a few years ago, one of the survivors of the camp, has sadly passed away. The memories she shared with me personally and, on a broad international scale, will not be forgotten.

When you think of WWII, think not only of shiny belt buckles, elusive insignia and such...but also consider the reality of war...that is, utter hell...and not just for the brave who stood alongside each other to face the enemy...but also the civilians...the innocents...millions and millions of innocents…

Well over 50,000 died at Bergen-Belsen. Conditions were so bad toward the end of the war that in March 1945 alone, around 18,000 perished.

The image below, taken from the official memorial site, shows British Army Rabbi Leslie Hardman, stood next to one of the numerous open mass graves at the camp. It is dated 23 April 1945.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bergen-Belsen Liberation Anniversary  

?

This evening, the Bergen-Belsen memorial working group will hold a commemorative event named "Light On The Tracks", as part of this year's organised acts of remembrance at the memorial grounds on the former KL site.

?

Today, April 15th 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.

The major commemorative events planned for April 19th have patently been cancelled yet the former camp grounds remain open to visitors. All exhibitions, library and archive are closed.

?

76 years on...

A digital form of remembrance

76 years liberation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3