Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camp kampfbinde help please

Article about: I am at a show in South Dakota and a guy has these for sale. \\$500 US for the pair. I am asking for confirmation on original and an up or down vote on cost. I have not ever run across one bef

Default Camp kampfbinde help please

I am at a show in South Dakota and a guy has these for sale. $500 US for the pair. I am asking for confirmation on original and an up or down vote on cost. I have not ever run across one before. I believe to be Jewish and gypsy. All help and info is appreciated.
    John

Camp kampfbinde help pleaseCamp kampfbinde help pleaseCamp kampfbinde help pleaseCamp kampfbinde help please

?

Garbage. Stay well clear. I am glad that you did not buy on impulse. When in doubt, always check beforehand.

Firstly, the red triangular insignia relates to a political prisoner, not Jewish. Any over stamped markings such as these, when present on material of this nature, must be studied carefully.

I have had numerous original insignia within my own collection for many, many years. Armbands are among the rarest from of Konzentrationslager related insignia. Proceed with extreme caution.

Carl

p.s. The thread has been moved to the appropriate forum.

Thank you. Drove back home in a snow storm.
    John

?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    John
    Stay safe out there John. Winters in the Dakotas and MN can be harsh.

Carl

These markings were usually attached to the front of clothing of prisoners, not on armbands.
    Its good advise to be extremely careful around those.

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    John
    Drove back home with money in your pocket too. Win
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by baerchen View Post
    These markings were usually attached to the front of clothing of prisoners, not on armbands.
    Its good advise to be extremely careful around those.
    Generally, the identification insignias used to mark the classification of an inmate was worn on the left breast of the uniform garb / jacket.

However, insignia issued to camp prisoners was worn in several different manners, including sleeve insignia, collars, trousers and on the backs of jackets. Attached below, an archive scan from the liberation of Dachau, showing in just one image, how varied the placement of insignia actually was.

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camp kampfbinde help please