Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Juden Haus plaque

Article about: Hello everyone, can I ask your opinion on this? Thanks in advance.

Default Juden Haus plaque

Hello everyone, can I ask your opinion on this?

Thanks in advance.

Juden Haus plaque

Juden Haus plaque

MAP
    ?

An obscure item. Might need a bit of patience until someone with knowledge comes along.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Could be period but without provenance this can never be proven.
    Most likely recently manufactured somewhere in Eastern Europe where this type of items gets manufactured in the thousands.
    I have been on the flea markets in Poland, Bulgaria, Romania where this type of stuff is literally everywhere.

For sure, seen some of these at auctions in the past but couldn't find any other info on them.

I am really on the fence with this that's why I would need as many opinions as possible to make up my mind.

?

Just trying to understand what it could be for. Surely the Nazis wouldn't manufacture such things and waste war materials on them. Jewish houses were daubed in paint, not have metal plaques made and screwed to them.
    It's incredibly crude. I'm leaning to post war fantasy item made in Eastern Europe as Vocht has already mentioned. I just don't see the point of it or why it would be manufactured.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Just trying to understand what it could be for. Surely the Nazis wouldn't manufacture such things and waste war materials on them. Jewish houses were daubed in paint, not have metal plaques made and screwed to them.
    It's incredibly crude. I'm leaning to post war fantasy item made in Eastern Europe as Vocht has already mentioned. I just don't see the point of it or why it would be manufactured.
    I totally understand your point, everytime I see documentary or such the houses were painted not had metal plaques bolted...

I agree with Vocht and Adrian. Something like this would never have been made and used in the TR. The font alone is absolutely unusual for the TR era. Also - as Adrian already stated - it makes no sense at all. Ultimately, I have never heard of such items being used. Just think of the yellow Stars of David that had to be sewn onto clothing; you can find that in every TV documentary and every history book that deals with the TR era. But I have never heard of such metal stars before and I have certainly seen a hundred different TV documentaries and read dozens of books about the TR.

?

Fantasy item.