Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Judenstern (unused) yellow star

Article about: Hi guys! Some of you might remember I'd been trying to get an original yellow star patch to use as an educational piece. After some time, a good friend who's knowledgeable in these things he

Default Judenstern (unused) yellow star

Hi guys!
    Some of you might remember I'd been trying to get an original yellow star patch to use as an educational piece.
    After some time, a good friend who's knowledgeable in these things helped me get ahold of one. Truly powerful stuff.
    Here are some photos. Happens to be in great shape

Thanks a ton to all you guys for all your help!
    I check out this great forum whenever I have a chance.
    Joey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Judenstern (unused) yellow star   Judenstern (unused) yellow star  

Thanks for the like, Carl. Just thought I should mention, I know lately there's lots of politics regarding the sale of holocaust artifacts, like the tattoo stamps on the Tzolman auction (are the owners donating it to a museum?).
    I must say I personally side against the sale. These stuff have educational value; they shouldn't be collectibles.
    That was my intention in getting this! Like someone on this forum said- I don't collect death!

The photos are a bit unclear... the actual color is closer to orange, like the originals

Uh, one more thing...! Here are some pics from the US Holocaust Memorial Museum for comparison.Judenstern (unused) yellow starJudenstern (unused) yellow star

?

Hope it helps with education. The sales of holocaust related items are indeed very political. Here in Holland, the sale of these things are now forbidden at the largest militaria expo in the country due to pressure. My opinion is that people need to have the freedom to collect whatever they want: coins, stamps, dirty underwear, cars or even these type of holocaust-related items. Myself, I find it tasteless to own and would never buy it. To ban it, would cause market to go more underground , become even more shady and drive the prices up even more.

Good point, Vocht. Putting the spotlight on these kinds of things and politicizing them certainly doesn't do any good.
    Thank goodness for capitalism!!