Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

KZ, ZAL + Ghetto postal control markings

Article about: KL-Neuengamme:

?

KL-Neuengamme:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings  

?

f.KL-Ravensbrück:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings   KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings  

KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings   KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings  

KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings   KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings  

?

KL-Ravensbrück:

Note: the marking "KL-Ravensbrück" indicates the men's camp. The previous post with examples marked "f.KL-Ravensbrück" was solely related to the women's camp - f.KL = Frauen-Konzentrationslager.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings  

?

KL-Sachsenhausen:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings   KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings  

?

Theresienstadt:

a nice collection you have got.

Thank you Carl for showing us these "stampings". It is always good to see the images of "history" in action. I personally (as you know) have begun to take the written word of the time , to be more important in my collecting than the "lumps of molded steel!!" Leon.

?

Thank you gents. Below are more examples:

1. Auschwitz-I (Stammlager / Main Camp)

2. Flossenbürg

3. A very scarce example from the Kommandantur at Flossenbürg

KZ, ZAL + Ghetto  postal control  markings  

Thanks for this wealth of information, I didn't know that Ravensbrueck held men, wrongly believing that it was strictly a woman's camp...
    Seeing those familiar names brings up a feeling of dread...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thanks for this wealth of information, I didn't know that Ravensbrueck held men, wrongly believing that it was strictly a woman's camp...
    Seeing those familiar names brings up a feeling of dread...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thank you Glenn. Indeed, despite the camp being the largest women's concentration camp, many do not realise that KL-Ravensbrück also had a Männerlager - established adjacent to the main Frauenlager in spring 1941. Below is another example from Ravensbrück.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast