Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Map Of The Major Concentration Camps

Article about: For reference, a map of the major concentration camps of the Third Reich era, based on a National Geographic map dated 1944 showing the international boundaries at the beginning of WWII, in

?

Default Map Of The Major Concentration Camps

For reference, a map of the major concentration camps of the Third Reich era, based on a National Geographic map dated 1944 showing the international boundaries at the beginning of WWII, in addition to (red boundaries) the borders of January 1938, prior to the German seizure of Austria and Czechoslovakia.

Note 1: The map only shows the locations of Konzentrationslagers (concentration camps), but does not include the major Vernichtungslagers (extermination camps). Auschwitz and Lublin are noted however, due to their categorisation as both a work camp and a death camp.

Note 2: For different reasons, other camps are sometimes designated as major concentration camps - such as those at Arbeitsdorf, Kauen, Riga-Kaiserwald, Vaivara and Warschau.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Map Of The Major Concentration Camps  
    Last edited by CARL; 03-24-2015 at 12:16 PM.

This is great Carl!!... which will prove to be a useful research tool. I never knew there was once so close to the North Sea. Herzogenbusch is one I have never heard of before. We have seen photos of the numerous camps..and now we can put a close to an exact location of theses camps. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Larry. More information can be found on KL-Herzogenbusch in this thread:

KL-Herzogenbusch

?

A link to a map of the major extermination camps:

Map Of The Extermination Camps

?

Thank You Carl,
    There are several Camps on that map I did not know about. Another day where I learn something on this site.
    Thanks once again!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thank You Carl,
    There are several Camps on that map I did not know about. Another day where I learn something on this site.
    Thanks once again!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Appreciate the kind words Phil, glad that it is of interest.

Regarding not knowing some of the sites, yes, indeed this is true for many. And these are the major camps...not to mention the thousands of sub-camps, ghettos, prisons etc.

Below is a New York Times link to a project I am contributing toward. It is the most comprehensive recording of such sites. The sheer scale uncovered is not easy to comprehend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/su...anted=all&_r=0

nice job Carl.

?

As always, excellent work.

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Appreciate the kind words Phil, glad that it is of interest.

Regarding not knowing some of the sites, yes, indeed this is true for many. And these are the major camps...not to mention the thousands of sub-camps, ghettos, prisons etc.

Below is a New York Times link to a project I am contributing toward. It is the most comprehensive recording of such sites. The sheer scale uncovered is not easy to comprehend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/su...anted=all&_r=0
    The slave labour camp/barracks at MUNA-Feucht in the forest area of Nürnberg-Langwasser still remains unrecognised. My late father was at MUNA-Feucht from Sept-1942 until liberation by US forces in April 1945. I also contacted several Ukrainian women listed by the Memorial organisation (in Moscow) as working as slave labours at MUNA-Feucht.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Sad but true Stefan, many sites remain without a commemorative marker or due recognition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast