Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEED Help identifying this Star of David

Article about: Dear forumexperts! I need your help. I bought this Dutch Star of David. I went out on a limb here. I am not at all sure if this is the real deal. So I am hoping you guys can help me out ? Lo

Default NEED Help identifying this Star of David

Dear forumexperts!

I need your help. I bought this Dutch Star of David. I went out on a limb here. I am not at all sure if this is the real deal. So I am hoping you guys can help me out ? Looking forward to your views and opinions...

Sincerely,
    Frank

Hi, always hard to call these without some kind of provenance. Carl has a better eye than me, but I will say the material itself looks about right being low quality cotton, I am concerned about the odd patina on the reverse though, looks like it may have been artificially aged by being left on some damp nails? I am 50-50 on it at the moment. Leon.

Hi Leon!

Thank you so much for your reply! I got scammed with this item online! My money is gone and no item! It was a wake up call for me! I know that people tend to fake a lot with items concerning WWII and the Holocaust but come on have some freaking respect for the things that happened in that time. I will never understand this. I have just begun collecting after having collected stories for 20 years of veterans and survivors of the Holocaust si for it to happen on an early stage is a good thing I reckon. Anyway this gus scammed a lot of people with the same item. So he has been reported to the bank, police and the crimincal department of his own bank.
    Anyways thank you so much for you answer!

Regards,
    Frank

?

The image appears to show an unusual genuine example of the type issued to Dutch Jews, during the Nazi occupation. I would need the item in hand to say for sure. Sorry to hear you were cheated, disgusting and sadly typical of the modern era.

Carl

Hi Carl!

Yeah I know it was a bummer. I am looking for an original star. I have just began with my collection. I have visited many camps where I make black an white pictures. I have a deep respect for what happened there. Is there anywhere you know that I might find an original? I heard that the yellow square with the star which have the dotted line around the star shape are all fake? Because I see those quite often online.

I very much appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Frank

?

Hi Frank, you are welcome. The dotted line examples you mention are not all reproduction...but many are. The examples that were not actually issued are sometimes found in this particular state.

Carl

Hi Carl!

So how can one spot the difference? Do you know? If and when I find another one I want it to be real...

?

Quote by DDayNormandy1944 View Post
    Hi Carl!

So how can one spot the difference? Do you know? If and when I find another one I want it to be real...
    As with all areas of collecting Frank...the only way is to dedicate yourself to plenty of study and whenever possible, handling of genuine period material. Visit archives of museums, contact trusted individuals with experience etc.

Carl