Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not Just Auschwitz

Article about: Not Just Auschwitz... As another International Holocaust Remembrance Day arrives, i.e. today, 27th January, the world remembers the worst crime in modern history. However, despite the day ma

?

Default Not Just Auschwitz

Not Just Auschwitz...

As another International Holocaust Remembrance Day arrives, i.e. today, 27th January, the world remembers the worst crime in modern history. However, despite the day marking the 72nd liberation of the Auschwitz camps, the day also marks ALL other camps, ghettos and related sites throughout the Nazi Germany period. At the very least, well over one million people were killed at Auschwitz, yet despite even this shocking statistic, it is but a fraction of the total lives wiped out during the persecution of Jews, Roma, Sinti, non-Jewish Poles, Homosexuals, Jehovah Witnesses, Asocials and other groups deemed unworthy by the regime. If we do not remember all who suffered, we fail not only them but also ourselves.

Elderly survivors visit Auschwitz 72 years after liberation | KSL.com

https://www.yahoo.com/news/holocaust...104730971.html (short video of survivors returning to the Auschwitz site today, without narration)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not Just Auschwitz   Not Just Auschwitz  

Not Just Auschwitz   Not Just Auschwitz  

?

Today, 27th January 2018, marks the 73rd anniversary. A new travelling exhibition is featured in this recently posted thread:

Not Long Ago, Not Far Away

For many who perhaps will never visit and pay their respects at the actual site itself, this exhibition should serve as tribute to those who were there.

Let us FOREVER remember! I did note that it was good to see MSN homepage with a dedicated "banner" to todays remembrance. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not Just Auschwitz  

?

Yesterday, various commemorative events took place at the museum site. The official Auschwitz museum website has just been updated with details in the link below:

News / Museum / Auschwitz-Birkenau

Thank you Carl, for anyone who has never visited Auschwitz, go if you can. Carl and Martina will be happy to arrange a visit for you fully guided and explained. Leon.

?

75 years ago, the Auschwitz camps were liberated by Soviet forces. The greatest site of mass murder probably ever known to man, finally ceased to operate.

CBH
    ?

Everyone should try and light a candle tonight in remembrance of the victims of the Holocaust, we who collect history should never forget what happened and strive to educate the uneducated on this most important aspect of history.

?

Another year passes...

Once again, digital remembrance service is available as only a few select guests, mostly survivors, are allowed to attend.

Details below:

News / Museum / Auschwitz-Birkenau

I will never forget my trip to Dachau.

One of the most intense places I have ever been.

Let us never forget..

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast