Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp..

Article about: Outside again now and this is a shot taken from roughly the centre of the camp, just in front of the Soviet Liberation Memorial looking back towards the main entrance. A look back along the

?

Default Re: Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp..

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I didn't see that or remember seeing anything described as such, where in the camp was it?
    As far as i remember it was located in the basement of the isolation wing, or next to it. If i remember correctly, this building they also carried out some experiments on how big a wound soldiers could get and still survive. There was some horrible pics with people missing the whole thigh muscle and so on. The room where the blood draining should have taken place looked much like a "men's room" or pissoir with a low hanging ceiling. Where walls and floor met, there was a channel, much like an pissoir, for collecting blood. Walls and floor was completely brown/reddish. I don't know if it's possible to collect blood this way and for what purpose. We where told it was for the German industry. Maybe someone has an idea what the purpose could be? It could not be for wounded soldiers since all blood types would have been mixed. Can you make plasma of it maybe? It was a pretty gory room.

A question Adrian. On one of your pics there is ramp sloping down to some room as you wrote. Was that ramp close to the crematoriums?

?

Btw. No problems getting an eerie feeling in that room. There was also placed some big heavy rubber gloves at the porcelain zink...

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    A question Adrian. On one of your pics there is ramp sloping down to some room as you wrote. Was that ramp close to the crematoriums?
    No, on the map below, the crematorium is at point 15 and the Pathology building with the mortuary beneath it is at point 21.

I can honestly say I heard nothing about or saw the place you mention above so maybe as the camp memorial has evolved over time it was perhaps removed for various reasons?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp..  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

thanks to share... anyone know this site in google earth?

Adrian,, thank you for sharing these photos,, just looking at them was eerie. Absolutely incredible! There are no questions or comments that I can make as the photos answered everything running through my mind! All I can say is "Cold and empty". Thanks again Larry

I think, of all the images posted here, the most bizarre and disturbing have to be the strange cartoons on the walls in post 10. I would love to know the full story behind them-who painted them, why they were created and what are they meant to be portraying...They may well have intended to show light hearted good spirits, but to Me, at least, they are simply nightmarish and make the skin on the back of your neck crawl...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Sorry William, didn't see your question until now.

The cartoons were painted by the kitchen workers in an attempt to brighten their surroundings. That area is in a basement where the camp food was prepared.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Here are some photo's of photos since my scanner's on the fritz. Anyway, I'm not quite sure what KZ this is but thought I'd add them to go with the "camp" theme.
    Dean, I believe that these images were possibly taken at KL-Buchenwald, outside the building shown below, which is attached to the main Krematoria structure.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp..  

?

Compare with the modern image above.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I think, of all the images posted here, the most bizarre and disturbing have to be the strange cartoons on the walls in post 10. I would love to know the full story behind them-who painted them, why they were created and what are they meant to be portraying...They may well have intended to show light hearted good spirits, but to Me, at least, they are simply nightmarish and make the skin on the back of your neck crawl...
    It is yet another interesting feature of many Konzentrationslagers. Even as recently as 2009, this work pictured in the attachment below was discovered at KZ-Aussenlager Ellrich Juliushütte, former sub-camp of KZ-Mittelbau-Dora. The work was done by one of many French inmates who were held in one of the Häftlingsunterkunft (prisoner accommodation) blocks. Many other sites, such as Auschwitz-II Birkenau or Mittelbau-Dora, have similar reminders of art adorning the walls of crematorium buildings and former accommodation blocks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast