MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yellow Badge Star of David Jude (Jew). Opinion needed

Article about: Hello, can someone help me with this item ? Seller quaranted me then this is original piece, but it does not looks like originals I know so I think it should be fake....Thanks all for help.

CBH
    ?

The Star of David and the totenkopf will always represent the pinnacle of what evil ideologies can bring out in men. They should be collected and discussed, so that hate will not be mechanized so systematically ever again. Never Forget that it all started with symbols, of power and powerlessness, physical evidence of these makes revisionism more difficult.
    I have some SS items that I consider war trophies taken by the victors, who defeated the Nazis and wanted the coming generation to remember the horrors they witnessed. These symbols are now powerless and I keep them in box with other things that once caused terror, but are now impotent.
    And I will never let the deniers go unchallenged.

?

I would need to see this piece in hand to confirm whether or not it is actually a genuine example but it does stand a chance.

Carl

Hey all,
    I've been looking for a Judenstern yellow star patch to use as an educational tool to teach Jewish students about the Holocaust. I know these are often faked so I figured I would get the best advice here. Any idea who would offer legitimate ones?
    I found this unused one on privatecollections.ca. Anyone can tell if it's real?

WW2 German nazi - waffen SS original - WW2 Germany Star of David JUDE uncut unissued holocaust jew jewish

Normally I wouldn't want Holocaust or SS artifacts as an orthodox jew, but these patches have a different meaning to many of us. They represent the pride and the sacrifice of many for their Jewish identity. Jewish newspapers and documents of that time talk of "wearing the yellow star with pride". Also, any such artifacts have special educational value for their immediacy.
    Thanks so much!

?

At first glance, this looks like it may well be a genuine example but to confirm, I always prefer to see such items in hand.

Carl

Dos
    ?

Quote by Joram Cohen View Post
    I found this unused one on privatecollections.ca. Anyone can tell if it's real?

WW2 German nazi - waffen SS original - WW2 Germany Star of David JUDE uncut unissued holocaust jew jewish
    Stay far away from this website!

I thought as much.... So who would sell a legitimate one??

?

The website appears to have a mix of genuine and not so genuine items. I have just looked at the images of the item you sent the link to and would certainly not confirm originality based on the enlarged views available.

Carl

?

Joram Cohen, privatecollections.ca is one of the biggest crooks available in the collecting world. I would advise against dealing with them for anything. I wouldn't purchase water if I was on fire.

Ha, ha! I get you. I'll take your advice; you guys seem to know the dealers out there.
    Joey

Seems to me the best place to find such a thing would be on this forum.
    So if anyone has one to offer please let me know. Thanks a lot

Joey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast