Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The Zone Of Interest - Höss Family at Auschwitz

Article about: A UK & Polish production loosely based on an earlier written work, the film portrays the family of Auschwitz Kommandant Rudolf Höss, living in seemingly idyllic conditions on the other

?

Default The Zone Of Interest - Höss Family at Auschwitz

A UK & Polish production loosely based on an earlier written work, the film portrays the family of Auschwitz Kommandant Rudolf Höss, living in seemingly idyllic conditions on the other side of the camp fence.

The use of sound is remarkable, from the outset to the closing moments of this fine piece of historical study.

If you have not yet seen it, make time to catch it. I would urge anyone who chooses to do so, to watch the film in the dark, without distraction.

The Zone of Interest | Official Trailer HD | A24 - YouTube
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Zone Of Interest - Höss Family at Auschwitz  

Too bad it's not in English.
    Reading the subtitles will take away from the film.

?

It can be the case but not with this work. If anything, dubbing it with any other language would detract from the film.

The attention to detail is highly commendable.

?

This looks intriguing, I agree I try to watch all movies in their original language as the dubbing is always terrible.
    Regards, Al

Lightbulb

I agree with the above. I don't usually catch up with Holocaust movies but this is a quite remarkable cinematic experience. Don't wait to 'stream' it - see it on a big screen, otherwise the impact will be lost.