Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

13th SS Handschar collar tab

Article about: I finally picked up a nice Handschar collar tab to go with my fez. I know they are abundantly available and economical compared to other tabs so i took my time and found the perfect one at t

?

Default 13th SS Handschar collar tab

I finally picked up a nice Handschar collar tab to go with my fez. I know they are abundantly available and economical compared to other tabs so i took my time and found the perfect one at the right price. I'm working on putting together a small display with this theme in mind.

Al

13th SS Handschar collar tab13th SS Handschar collar tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 13th SS Handschar collar tab
    P
    Many

As always Aldo, your collections are always worth looking at. keep up the good work.

?

I enjoy seeing these items displayed. As I mentioned before, your fez has just that great shape to it. I have been playing around with a similar setup.
    Just out of curiosity what is an economic price for the tab in 2020 according to you and the fine inhabitants of this forum?

?

They sell for between $150 and $225 as they are fairly common.

?

I suppose the decent price in the USA is due to the masses the GI's brought home. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pieces. Have a great weekend.

?

Some nice items. A oval SS edelweiss patch would look good in your display.

Default Handschar SS / WH

Aldo

Thanks for sharing, a really great collection.

So here is something to throw into the mix -
    I am a cuff title collector, I have collected cuff bands for over 30 years and I have several hundred.
    Now, we all know that many officers had aspects of their uniform privately made from coats to cuff bands.
    Now I personally can't fault this though I am sure many will.
    Something privately made, sent to him by his family, made whilst on leave etc etc
    I have never seen another one in 30 years of collecting cuff bands.

Quote by Charlie Farley View Post
    Aldo

Thanks for sharing, a really great collection.

So here is something to throw into the mix -
    I am a cuff title collector, I have collected cuff bands for over 30 years and I have several hundred.
    Now, we all know that many officers had aspects of their uniform privately made from coats to cuff bands.
    Now I personally can't fault this though I am sure many will.
    Something privately made, sent to him by his family, made whilst on leave etc etc
    I have never seen another one in 30 years of collecting cuff bands.

Do you know of any photographic examples of an officer or NCO wearing this Charlie ?

Good afternoon from the Sunny Coast...To be honest I have never really looked for one...

?

Charly Farley, I want to chime in on your cufftitle. I have been researching the 13th SS for a few weeks now out of personal curiosity. Let me quote you something from one of the best SS insignia books out there: Cloth Insignia of the SS - John R. Angolia & Stan Cook. Page 344

"The Division was never authorized a sleeveband, but members of the division wear the Croatian national Shield. The shield was authorised for wear by an order dated 30 April 1943, intitially to be worn on the center right sleeve. But this was ignored, and wear was common on the left sleeve just below the sleeve eagle. Two patterns existed, both forming red and white checker-board patten."

I would personally stay away if it is expensive.
    Last edited by Vocht; 11-01-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast