Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap

Article about: Gentlemen, I recently came into possession of this cap and would appreciate your input to authenticity. The story was that the hat belonged to a family member who was a senior unter offizer

Default Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap

Gentlemen, I recently came into possession of this cap and would appreciate your input to authenticity. The story was that the hat belonged to a family member who was a senior unter offizer with Totenkopf division. I would really appreciate your review and thoughts please. Once again, thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap   Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap  

Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap   Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap  

Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap   Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap  

Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with SS Unter Offiziers Cap
    P
    Many

It looks like an artificially aged repro. I can't comment on the insignia - as I have never studied them and do not collect. And when you buy an item, never buy it because of the story you are given, its usually a pack of lies.

Cheers,
    Steve

The skull 'looks' like a cast copy, think you're going to need better pictures
    Paul

?

Sorry but the insignia are fake, the chinstrap is not an SS type, and the cap definitely looks artificially aged as Steve stated. The whole cap is suspect.
    Regards, Al

?

The presence of a leather visor on this cap is also not appropriate for the time period and type of cap...

Gentlemen, thank you for the input and your expertise. Greatly appreciated. Cheers