Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Aufsichtspersonal SS-KDTR. SS. TR.ÜB.PL.BÖHMEN badge

Article about: Hi! My friend found this badge in former Kienschlag training center in Czech Republic. We think it is ID badge for instructors or persons who had service..Please has anyone ever seen it or s

Default Aufsichtspersonal SS-KDTR. SS. TR.ÜB.PL.BÖHMEN badge

Hi!
    My friend found this badge in former Kienschlag training center in Czech Republic. We think it is ID badge for instructors or persons who had service..Please has anyone ever seen it or similiar? Thanks

Regards
    Michal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aufsichtspersonal SS-KDTR. SS. TR.ÜB.PL.BÖHMEN badge
    P
    Many

?

Hi Michal, it is from Benešov, (Beneschau) the site of the huge SS training complex.

I have seen a few of these...

Carl

Quote by CARL View Post
    Hi Michal, it is from Benešov, (Beneschau) the site of the huge SS training complex.

I have seen a few of these...

Carl
    Please do you know anything more about that? Nobody knows. One more idea is Aufsichtspersonal of concetration camps, which were here.

Regards
    Michal

?

The whole area was full of various camps but they were mostly labour camps, including labour camps for Jews. The Sonderlager at Bistritz (next to the Luftwaffe airfield that remains today) is one such example. The nearby site at Hradischko (Hradištko), was home to one of a number of Protectorate based satellite camps of KL-Floßenbürg. Außenlager Hradischko was established during November 1943 and remained active until late April 1945. The reason I mention this particular camp is that prisoners were detailed to work at the huge SS "Böhmen" complex, mostly construction work on sewers, roads and a firing range. Later, they dug anti-tank ditches.

Carl

Quote by CARL View Post
    The whole area was full of various camps but they were mostly labour camps, including labour camps for Jews. The Sonderlager at Bistritz (next to the Luftwaffe airfield that remains today) is one such example. The nearby site at Hradischko (Hradištko), was home to one of a number of Protectorate based satellite camps of KL-Floßenbürg. Außenlager Hradischko was established during November 1943 and remained active until late April 1945. The reason I mention this particular camp is that prisoners were detailed to work at the huge SS "Böhmen" complex, mostly construction work on sewers, roads and a firing range. Later, they dug anti-tank ditches.

Carl
    Yes i know I live near former training center Kienschlag in Czech Republic and collect everything about its history. But i cant classify this insignia used for. Do you think it is for guards of these concentration camps too?

Regards
    Michal

?

I can't confirm that Michal. I have seen these badges before but I am not certain where...

Carl

?

The badge itself makes no mention of any of the camps. So if indeed it is a genuine period piece, then it relates to the training area in some manner and perhaps not directly to the system of camps in the area. Remember too that only the satellite of Floßenbürg was an actual concentration camp, the others, including Bistritz for example, should not be regarded as a Konzentrationslager.

Carl